Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: RNS-510 HDD replacement/SSD swap DIY

Must have pressed too many buttons, since i couldn’t get it to load. Have tried setting downgrade, then hard reset <eject>+<mic>+<Setup>, seen SWL screen but not prceeding. Then cd/dvd error and wants nav disc.

What’s next after enabling downgrade???
    2015 Polo Comfortline 6M + Driving Comfort Package
    2011/11 Yeti 103 TDI 6M + Columbus media centre/satnav
    (2008 MY09 Polo 9N3 TDI retired hurt hail damage)

Users Country Flag
    If the cd isn't being read try Buring again to a DVD at slowest speed using cdburnerxp disk at once.
    Make sure it's good quality media like TDK gold or similar.
    Try another burner.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

I believe mitsubishi makes the best media = verbatim. Used dvd+r burnt at slow speed which worked fine with corrupt hard drive to install 5238 firmware update and restore full function. Wondering if hard reset cancels out the firmware downgrade option? Is SWL disc meant to auto start when inserted or are we meant to use hard reset + SWL (<eject>+<mic>+<setup>) to get started?
    2015 Polo Comfortline 6M + Driving Comfort Package
    2011/11 Yeti 103 TDI 6M + Columbus media centre/satnav
    (2008 MY09 Polo 9N3 TDI retired hurt hail damage)

After swapping HDD for an SSD : existing DVD couldn’t Eject

Hi,
    I made this interesting upgrade.
    But i forgot to eject the DVD that was in the player before doing all the procedure.
    Now that i need to eject the disk to insert Firmware DVD the disk inside can’t Eject...
    Player turning a long time and then « CD DVD error ». Eject button don’t work.
    Player is allways spinning and spinning but eject button don’t eject the disk.
    I tried 3 button reset : nothing. Connection are ok.
    Want can i do to eject the disk now ?
    Reinstall the former « Classic » to return to a normal state eject will be (normally) availiable ?
    Thanks you
    Best regards from Paris (France)
    Emmanuel

Quote Originally Posted by bluey View Post
    I believe mitsubishi makes the best media = verbatim. Used dvd+r burnt at slow speed which worked fine with corrupt hard drive to install 5238 firmware update and restore full function. Wondering if hard reset cancels out the firmware downgrade option? Is SWL disc meant to auto start when inserted or are we meant to use hard reset + SWL (<eject>+<mic>+<setup>) to get started?

Users Country Flag
    Might be the easiest way, otherwise if the CD won't release you might need to open up the drive itself, or use external tools to control the RNS
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thanks . I will try .
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Might be the easiest way, otherwise if the CD won't release you might need to open up the drive itself, or use external tools to control the RNS

Ok it’s better know , i could eject the disk and put Firmware disk. But another problem now.. the RNS510 ask for the code and of course I don’t have the code.
    I have all manuals of the car including RnS manual , but I don’t see this code anywhere .
    Is there another solution than go back to a VW dealer ?
    Many Thanks
    Regards

Users Country Flag
    There is a website you can get the code from the serial number for about 15euro.
    Search for VW radio codes.

Hi,
    I got the code on a Uk code sites. Very serious , code Ok for 20€. They tried to ask me more money but did a the first price finally .
    About SSD swap :
    Finally a stop .
    I clone the mechanic HDD to the SSD : RNS started once with no tactil function . And never booted after . Nothing on screen when pressing on/off. Thought about mother board failure due to wrong manipulations.
    Then I mounted the original disk back again and : fine . Everything is ok like before.
    I don’t know exactly what to do after having mounted the SSD . Perhaps things change depending of the hardware.
    I noticed that the firmware is still when power on the RNS with blank SSD (so not clones). Perhaps must we just insert the DVD map and install it on the SSD ?
    Regards

There is a website you can get the code from the serial number for about 15euro.
    Search for VW radio codes.

Hi,
    Now that I am back to origin with the mechanic HDD , I have plenty of error :
    - no more telephon function on the RNS
    - no more rear camera
    - no more sign assist

VCDS can’t connect to Navigation Module (37) and Radio module (56)

It’s like everything is canceled and RNS510 had never been there ..

I think I will to make a complete adaptation.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Emmanuel

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast