Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: RNS-510 HDD replacement/SSD swap DIY

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by moiloon View Post
    I know this is an old thread but hope someone may still be viewing and able to help, I've just recieved a RNS510 B Revision so an older unit, which has x2 problems. 1st the touchscreen isn't functioning, not sure if this has just failed or if the previous owner has attempted firmware update and failed, and 2nd problem is that the HDD is not seemingly being recognized. I've used MRM 7.18 and can access all its functions, but in factory info on MRM readout everything shows fine, except the HDD, it gives hard drive firmware error and HDD model error, this is with stock HDD, and i've also tried another PATA IDE HDD from a Toughbook which was formatted and no partitions. Is there anything that would stop the system seeing the drive? And I'm assuming that because of the HDD not being visible to the system I cant get firmware to load? Bad Mainboard?
    How can I troubleshoot to find the issue?
    Any advice would be great.

pic I from MRM 7.18 in factory info
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qte5fcpjAmGMvbY6nuatQVEuC6yCauCB/view?usp=sharing
    Chuck it out as its well past use by date and development has long discontinued. Up to date maps are no longer available for them either.

Far better to spend money and time installing a later model unit for which stuff is still available
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Followed the diy step by step, first of all amazing guide! I installed new 80gb hard disk and now the unit's cd drive does not want to work.. only when i unplug the new hard disk and leave it unplugged or plug back old hdd back in will it work :/ Any solution??
    2.0TDI 172bhp DSG '08 Touran Highline; 18'' AMG alloys; RNS510; Xenon headlights...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cveya View Post
    Followed the diy step by step, first of all amazing guide! I installed new 80gb hard disk and now the unit's cd drive does not want to work.. only when i unplug the new hard disk and leave it unplugged or plug back old hdd back in will it work :/ Any solution??
    Check the jumpers on the HDD; if the drive conflicts with the DVD drive on the same IDE bus, that will cause this.

Set the drive to CS or cable select if possible.

"Remember to remove the jumper on your new SSD drive. You cannot insert the HDD with a jumper in place."
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122