Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reprogram Overhead Buttons

Users Country Flag

Reprogram Overhead Buttons

Hi
    Are there any experts who can help with RNS510 programming?
    * Does anyone know where the 'speed-dial' data for the overhead buttons is stored? The pre-sets are Information and Service.
    * Any ideas on how to add a pause (comma) into a dial sequence? There seems to be no option on the keyboard and importing an address book number with comma does not work.
    * Is there any logic as to why not all units have the display option for SMS. I don't think that it is just a phone thing?
    For information, Week 2 (2013) Alltrack has 1T0 O35 680L, Hardware H07, Software 5218 (and maps 7920 of course)

Users Country Flag
    The pre set numbers for the overhead buttons are located in the BT module 77 not in the RNS510 unit. They can be accessed in the #10 adaption menu in VCDS when accessing the BT module. I eventually found the original post by jimmy of Melbourne see below

"Coding for telephone buttons on centre roof console
    Not sure if this is the correct place to post, but I haven't seen the information anywhere before.

After a bit of messing around, I was able to code both buttons on the center roof console for Information (little 'i' picture) and Service/Breakdown (spanner picture) to numbers of my choosing. I now have the breakdown/service button calling VW roadside assistance and the information button calling my VW dealer.

For those interested, under the Telephone module --> Adaption in VCDS there are four items at the bottom of the drop down list. Two for each button, one being a 'roaming' version. The Service/Breakdown coding requires 7 bytes which are entered as their raw numeric values. So for VW roadside I entered 18 00 63 71 81 00 00 (note padding with 0's for the last two bytes). The Information number requires 8 bytes, again pad with 0's for the extra bytes."
    Last edited by Bambazonke; 06-04-2013 at 07:31 AM.
    MY 21 T Cross 85TSI Life| Makena Turquoise | Driver Assist Package |
    Mods: VCDS tweaks |

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by robinb View Post
    Hi
    * Is there any logic as to why not all units have the display option for SMS. I don't think that it is just a phone thing?
    For information, Week 2 (2013) Alltrack has 1T0 O35 680L, Hardware H07, Software 5218 (and maps 7920 of course)
    The SMS display is very much a phone thing, your phone needs to support rSAP which a lot of new phones don't support. Blackberry is probably the most common - Nokia too but the iPhone and a lot of Androids don't.

Heres a german list of compatible phones (I had issues with the jailbroken iphone app personally)
    SIM-Access-Profile – Wikipedia
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for that guys.
    Sadly, I cannot get the number-change to 'take'. Initially there is an 'adaption error, uninitialised control module (etc)' but when I force the issue, I get 'equipment number must be 5-6 digits'. I left the Equipment Number unchanged (all zeros).
    My full scan (VCDS 11.11.5) shows module 77 as 'OK 0000'.
    Post #2 here
    VWVortex.com - "This appears to be an uninitialized control module" - but I've made coding changes to this module before!?!?!
    looks at the issue of WSC/Importer/Equipment
    I am a little baffled here as the two speed-dials work Ok now (using the overseas 0800 numbers) with the Equipment Number all zeros.

This is now SOLVED, thanks to Dana at Ross-Tech for some expert help.
    I am awaiting some clarification from her about padding numbers, then will post the full solution.
    In the meantime, if anyone wants the changes made in Melbourne, just send me a PM (v6 maps also available). Usual fee!

Overhead Buttons Solution.
    The numbers are at Module 77, Adaption #10
    For me, the existing coding used Workshop WSC 00015, Importer 115, Equipment 0000.
    But one cannot re-code overhead buttons using the original data as Equipment 0000 is not accepted.
    Note that Equipment must be 5-6 digits in the range 0000-262143

Dana noted that, generally speaking all zero WSC/Imp/Equipment numbers are either refused by modern control modules or result in incorrectly coded/adapted faults even with proper coding. There are notes on this here:
    01042 - Ross-Tech Wiki

I looked at my Address 25: Immobiliser. First part of Shop # Equipment was 20971.
    I decided to try that number (no real logic, but it worked!) for the Module 77 coding.

For the button recoding:
    Noted No 1 for Info was 00 80 08 65 57 92 43 6F
    I changed to 0x xx xx xx xx 00 (also had to change the Equipment Number)
    Where 0x xx xx xx xx was my home number. See that only 6 pairs were needed.
    Noted No 1 for Roadside 00 80 08 97 37 84 23
    Changed to 0y yy yy yy yy 00 (also had to change the Equipment Number)
    Where 0y yy yy yy yy was my wife’s mobile number. See that only 6 pairs were needed.
    Noted No 2 for Info 00 80 08 65 57 92 43 6F not in use so did not touch
    Noted No 2 for Roadside 18 00 63 71 81 not in use so did not touch

On the padding of the field length, Dana noted that she had nothing conclusive but the old C module required 7 positions, for example: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00. Those could be changed to values such as: 91 10 00 00 00 00 00 -or- 00 00 00 00 00 09 11. The newer F module requires 9 positions and she was able to adapt several values. Just test your entry and see what works. VCDS will flag an error indicating how many digits the specific module requires so that can be used as a guide.

Users Country Flag
    I used "FF" for padding instead of zeros, and this worked fine.

Users Country Flag
    Bump.
    Anyone else had coding success with the Golf overhead buttons? Heading to an indi-garage next week for some other coding mods, and would Ben keen to know if this is a winner too...
    MY18 GOLF 110TSI I HIGHLINE I Indium I Panoramic Sunroof I DAP I IP
    MY18 TIGUAN 162TSI I R-LINE I Ruby I DAP I IP

Quote Originally Posted by sVWatt View Post
    Bump.
    Anyone else had coding success with the Golf overhead buttons? Heading to an indi-garage next week for some other coding mods, and would Ben keen to know if this is a winner too...
    I did a new Sirocco a couple of weeks ago. Worked fine.

Users Country Flag

I will post tomorrow night. Am going to attempt this on a mate's Adidas GTI.
    Graphite Blue TDI| DSG | Leather | Bi-Xenons | Custom LED inner tails | Black Forest TAI | OSIR Pod & New South Boost Gauge | Bluefin | Projector Fogs | RNS510 | Skoda Bluetooth | Eibach Pro kit Springs| Full LED interior|US GLI paddle shift MFSW|Carbon Vinyl wrapped trims|Colour Coded Votex Body Kit|

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast