Support VWWC

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast

Thread: Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by age100 View Post
    Attachment 52646Apparently I need one of these.
    Did it come with that or did you have to order/acquire that separately?

I keep contemplating upgrading my RNS510, I do have the factory RVC so need that adaptor, but otherwise thought it was plug and play. Also tempted by a Pioneer unit instead...

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    I am considering to buy this unit for my sister golf mark 5. Would she experience battery drain? can gateway is 1K0 907 530L. I think it should be ok but any info would be welcomed.
    Another thing is what VCDS coding are necessary for this retro fitment? (original unit, no Bluetooth, no camera no parking sensors)
    Regards
    GTI carbon steel g, leather, mdi, A.C.C., park parallel assist & RVC, dynaudio, sunroof, R-tails, RNS510, 9WZ, LED reg

Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Easiest way to answer this is to know what year car build you have. If 2007 and earlier, you will get battery drain with an RCD 330 retrofit and will need to upgrade the canbus. 2008 and beyond this is not a problem. No VCDS coding is required, it really is the simplest of operations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by petercrisp63 View Post
    Easiest way to answer this is to know what year car build you have. If 2007 and earlier, you will get battery drain with an RCD 330 retrofit and will need to upgrade the canbus. 2008 and beyond this is not a problem. No VCDS coding is required, it really is the simplest of operations.

thank you 2008 so should be ok
    GTI carbon steel g, leather, mdi, A.C.C., park parallel assist & RVC, dynaudio, sunroof, R-tails, RNS510, 9WZ, LED reg

Quote Originally Posted by night_flight View Post
    thank you 2008 so should be ok
    Great, you will be happy with it when you do it.

Users Country Flag
    Hi All,
    very informative thread. Ive just installed a 330 plus (part number 6RD035187B). It is all working well but there is a problem with phone calls. People on the other end of the line report significant echoing of their own voice. I have a samsung s9+ which is connected to android auto via a usb connection in the centre console. The car is a 2013 passat alltrack which had a factory bluetooth and gps (RNS510) included. Ive disconected the bluetooth and coded it out and also disconnected the media unit as well. I know I will have issues with the highline canmera so I have bought a replacement but Im not willing to commit to that unless I can get the phone call quality resolved. Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Users Country Flag
    The mic is a tiny little condenser on the bottom left of the front panel.
    If you want better voice quality you will have to open the unit up and solder an external mic onto the board to replace the integrated one. Check to match impedance.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    thanks for the reply Kamold. The issue I have found after much research seems to be that Android Auto doest turn off the microphones on the phone and hand off to the head unit like it is supposed to so. I reset the phone ond its better but still not perfect. Quality is excellent when the phone is connected via bluetooth and not via Android Auto. Just completed a long drive using Google maps for navigation..What an improvement on the Rns510!

Users Country Flag
    I installed the following camera VW Passat Jetta2012 Tiguan dynamic track parking line handle rear view camera for RCD330G Plus | RCD330 Plus | RCD330G Plus so that I could have a reverse camera with the bendy lines with the RCD330. I disconected the old camera from the high line module but left the power connected to the module because I couldnt figure out how to get at it.
    I followed the instructions from the seller and all went well although it was a sh#t of a job getting the cable through the tailgate. Connected everything up - power to a 12 volt accessory fuse, ground to the back of the unit, can + and can - wires connected with supplied wire taps and the video connected by replacing the blue plug in the quadlock. frst time in reverse there was picture and bendy lines. next time in reverse the picture was a bit flakey and I got a "no can"message. I took the unit out and checked the connections and put it back in and it was working again. Next day it didnt work and hasn't since. I get a black screen and the message that the rear view camera system is not available. When I press ok it goes to the park pilot screen. Ive rechecked every connection and also the cable run as best I can. There is power at the end of the cable connection but I cant test the camera because it is sealed up.
    I have an issue with the coding that even though RVC is disabled in the can gateway it still shows up in the scan with an error saying it cant connect to the camera ( because it isn't there). Could this be causing a problem? Should I try and disconnect the module? I have contacted the seller who has offered to send me a nother camera modulke at my cost which he will refund if it solves the problem. I think my coding is correct but it seems if I activate rvc in the radio section it looks for the highline camera module which of course isn't there. Anybody got any insights that might help me or am I right in thinking the camera is faulty?

Users Country Flag

An update. the seller has been very helpful on whatsapp. The problem seems to be that even though the backup camera is disabled in the can gateway the system still registers it as incorrectly coded because its still plugged into power. I need to get the rear right wagon trim out and unplug it. Any tips on that?

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast