Support VWWC

Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Users Country Flag

From what I understand, the delay module keeps the camera operating *after* you have moved from reverse (like the factory one does). Is it actually needed?? I'd probably just try it and see what happens.

As much as I like the idea of wireless, a cable has less issues and really isn't that hard to put into a hatch so is something I would be looking at, although since you've already bought it you may as well use it!

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    @The_Hawk

Thank you very much for your reply. I'll try the wireless but in any case I will also have the wired option in place in case needed. But I have to agree that the wired one will probably be the best solution.

With regards to the delay module, I really don't know if I needed it or not. From what I read on descriptions of the product:

"This timer delay product is designed for use with the RCD330G, RCD330G PLUS stereo and for VAG vehicles on the MIB PQ platform, without OPS. The reverse camera image will be displayed on the screen for 8 seconds. If there is no camera, the MIB will detect a system failure so this product is designed to solve that issue. The timer delay powers for 10 seconds, and only the last record of trigger time delay will be recorded, so it can be the perfect solution to the problem of MIB reversing!Generally all after-market reverse cameras are powered by reverse lamp, but when we take out the reverse lamp, there will be no power supply, so the RCD330G will show a fault code! So again when you set back the reverse gear, the screen will not display reverse image again!
    Note:
    1. Please be sure to understand that this product can not solve the problem of screen rolling of PQ platform MIB reversing image! Only play the role of delay power supply.
    2. This delay timer only fit for VW PQ35/46 RCD330G RCD330G PLUS no OPS module MIB cars."

I can say that I don't fully understand the above statement.

When trying to find more info I came across with this:

"When you engage reverse gear first and you get camera display but when you disengage it and if you're getting error like The Rear View camera system is currently not available, then you will need Digital delay timer module. OEM cameras have function to stay alive for 8 seconds even if reverse gear is disengaged. So this is the main reason why we are getting camera error. Aftermarket cameras doesn't have delay module in it. So HU thinks that connection is interrupted, thus it gives error."

So what do you think?

Users Country Flag
    Sounds like you’re correct there, the delay module keeps the camera alive to keep the computer happy and looks like you need it when you’re powering it from the reverse light.

Plan b is to power it otherwise, I’d have to go back and look how I cables my Golf, but I’m sure I used the reverse light for trigger, but maybe not power??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Maybe it sound "silly" but what do you mean you used reverse light for trigger and not power? I think that I should connect red (power) wire from camera to the reverse light + wire and connect the black (ground) wire to a bolt near there for earth.

I would really appreciate if you could briefly describe the plan b!
    Last edited by zac1; 06-04-2020 at 10:11 PM.

I bit the bullet and ended up with this one:
    RCD330 Plus RCD330G Carplay R340G Android Auto Car Radio RCD 330G 6RF 035 187E For VW Golf 5 6 Jetta MK6 CC Tiguan Passat Polo
    It's the Lemon Shark stickered one.
    All went well with the install, android auto works great, sound is also fine.
    I have got a bit of an issue if I want to bluetooth music stream, so I just wanted to see if anyone else has had it and what the fix for it is or, if I have done something wrong.
    If I start up the car and go to stream, the song, artist and album all display, but if I press the play button on the screen nothing happens, the play icon changes to pause, so the system looks like it is playing but obviously no sound, and the minute and second counter isn't moving either. I have to start it from my phone.
    Not a big issue, just a pain in the backside that I need to take my phone out of my pocket every time.
    Any ideas how to fix this? Could it be a coding issue?
    Cheers

2006 MY07 Golf 2.0 tdi
    The Highway trundler, will get 1200 km on a tank
    .......one day.

So I was getting a RCD 330 with android auto so the e version or the 340 but wanted to ask if anyone has knowledge about the one with out auxilliary pin being newer hardware or the one with auxilliary pin new.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofo View Post
    I bit the bullet and ended up with this one:
    RCD330 Plus RCD330G Carplay R340G Android Auto Car Radio RCD 330G 6RF 035 187E For VW Golf 5 6 Jetta MK6 CC Tiguan Passat Polo
    It's the Lemon Shark stickered one.
    I have got a bit of an issue if I want to bluetooth music stream, so I just wanted to see if anyone else has had it and what the fix for it is or,
    If I start up the car and go to stream, the song, artist and album all display, but if I press the play button on the screen nothing happens, the play icon changes to pause, so the system looks like it is playing but obviously no sound, and the minute and second counter isn't moving either. I have to start it from my phone.

Cheers
    How much was yours and could you please post a shipping time thanks, did you get the one with the red led on the buttons and no aux in?

I think you need to connect via USB cable for it to work from what I have read up.

From memory- which is a bit muddled after reading so much lol, another thing you could try was what some one did earlier in the thread. Delete the bluetooth device from headunit and phone, then restart the Headunit, then switch off and restart the car. Then open blue tooth first on headunit, then the device then send command from headunit to sync.
    Last edited by sn809; 13-04-2020 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Added info

Quote Originally Posted by sn809 View Post
    How much was yours and could you please post a shipping time thanks, did you get the one with the red led on the buttons and no aux in?
    I got this one:
    Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+-rcd340-png
    All up it was a touch over AUD400 thanks to our ordinary exchange rate at the moment but that did include a couple of stacked discounts through ozbargain
    Postage only took about 5 days, very quick all things considered.
    In that I also bought a steering wheel control adapter (about USD7) but I ended up not needing it as the quadlock adapter works perfectly.
    Mine still has the aux in and I think the led's are red (been riding my bike more than driving my car these last few days!)
    I ended up sorting out the bluetooth issue, I just changed one of the settings within android auto on my phone and now it's all good.

All up I'm really happy with it. I've got a few bonus's that I wasn't expecting.
    1) The phone button on my steering wheel (I have the 8 button cluster) now actually operates the phone.
    2) On the right side of the steering wheel, the up/down arrows skips the songs forwards/backwards (as well as moving through the km travelled/DTE/time in car and current fuel consumption, which is all I could ever use them for before)
    3) I still use an SD card and it plays almost immediately. My old RCD510 took forever to read the card and start playing.

The install was quite simple also, I just had my tablet sitting on the dash and followed a couple of youtube clips.

Let me know if you need any more info.

It's quite ironic though, got an ace headunit with maps/waze, more music than I can listen to and now I can't really drive anywhere due to the covid-19 restrictions
    Last edited by Mofo; 13-04-2020 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Added postage info

2006 MY07 Golf 2.0 tdi
    The Highway trundler, will get 1200 km on a tank
    .......one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofo View Post
    I got this one:
    Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+-rcd340-png
    Let me know if you need any more info.

It's quite ironic though, got an ace headunit with maps/waze, more music than I can listen to and now I can't really drive anywhere due to the covid-19 restrictions
    Thanks a lot and glad you got it all sorted. You should have the same steering wheel as mine, good to know the Quad connector working fine so I can keep current steering wheel as an option if I am not able to source a B7/Mk6 steering wheel with airbag.

Did you also get the Kufak (?sp) antenna connector and if you did, did you get the one with a resistor or just the two wires crimped together. Resistor is supposed to get better reception so I guess the real question is how is your radio reception.

Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast