Support VWWC

Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Hi All,

Slight thread hijack here.
    A few years ago I updated my original headunit with a RCD510 and bluetooth (I'm pretty sure I have a 9w7). This also involved the upgrade of the canbus gateway.
    Now that I'm doing more music streaming I have a problem that a lot of others have in that I have no track info on the headunit and therefore can't move forward to the next track, they're both greyed out.
    I thought it might be as simple as updating to a newer headunit but it seems the bluetooth might have something to do with it also.
    My question is in 2 parts:
    1) Am I right with my above assumptions? Is there a definitive way I can do the upgrade by either replacing one or the other but not both?
    2) If both need to be replaced, then I'll be looking at a 330+ as this would be a much cheaper option unless I can get away with a headunit replacement only. These seem fairly cheap second hand if I access the correct model.
    Which version of the 330+ are people getting at the moment?
    I'm only looking at an Android Auto compatible one.
    I saw earlier in the thread that the RF version is the latest offering but I'm struggling to find that anywhere.
    The RD is quite common still. Is this one is still solid for anyone that's got it?

Sorry this has gone a little long winded, I guess I'm just looking for the cheapest option.
    Android Auto isn't really a major requirement, just the ability to control my music from the head unit (pause,play, skip is sufficient) but if the 330+ comes out the most cost effective with the benefit of AA, I'll go down that path.

Car is MY07 2.0 TDI Golf.

Many thanks in advance for info provided

2006 MY07 Golf 2.0 tdi
    The Highway trundler, will get 1200 km on a tank
    .......one day.

Users Country Flag
    If it helps I just ordered a noname 330+ 187E variant from AliExpress. 416 including taxes. Not as cheap as some other have managed to get them for but was good enough for me. Has not left China yet.

Users Country Flag
    And boy did it arrive quickly. Installed today. Everything is working a treat including radio reception which some people seem to have had issues with.

Thanks for all the info in this thread. Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+-20191230_172812-jpg

I have ordered cables to wire the USB connection from the rear into one of the blank ports near the gear selector. Plan is to power it from 12v accessory to maximise charging speed. Not sure of it will work but I will report back when it all arrives
    Last edited by SgtBatten; 02-01-2020 at 06:14 PM. Reason: typo

Users Country Flag
    I am having to repair the bluetooth regularly. going to try a method suggested earlier in this thread.

Bluetooth Pairing and Android Auto Errors
    I had some issues with Bluetooth (BT) pairing and Android Auto (AA) with my Galaxy S8. The RCD330 would intermittently give an AA connection error, sometimes tell me that the phone is not compatible, and would ask to confirm the BT pairing PIN on every start up.

I'm pretty sure I caused this by connecting AA before pairing the BT (AA uses USB for the video / touch and BT for audio). This may be due to the RCD330 not storing the data in its memory correctly if the pairing occurred while AA is running.

If you get these errors you can fix it by;
    1.) Erase the Bluetooth pairing from the RCD330 and your phone. Deleting the AA connection on your phone (in the settings inside the AA app).
    2.) Pair the Bluetooth with the RCD330 again, and power cycle the unit. After start up and successful Bluetooth re-connection, then connect AA.
    2012 MKVI Golf Comfortline 118 TSI

Users Country Flag
    I have a 2015 Multivan Highline with a RNS510.
    Is it just matter of plug and play for the RCD330+, and will I still be able to use the stock reversing camera(including moving reversing lines on steering wheel spin), the stock proximity sensors, front and rear, the stock hands gree mic and controls, and the stock radio steering wheel controls?
    Last edited by The_Hawk; 20-03-2020 at 04:59 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by VWMario View Post
    I have a 2015 Multivan Highline with a RNS510.
    Is it just matter of plug and play for the RCD330+, and will I still be able to use the stock reversing camera(including moving reversing lines on steering wheel spin), the stock proximity sensors, front and rear, the stock hands gree mic and controls, and the stock radio steering wheel controls?
    For the headunit, mostly yes. You should code out the RNS510 which will likley log errors that it's not present but shouldn't cause any lights on the dash. Otherwise it's the same plug.

The camera (with moving reversing lines) is a highline camera (vs the lowline one that doesn't have moving lines). The lowline needs an adaptor to work, the highline... it's more complicated and I don't know that you can keep the moving lines. There is a whole thread over here I haven't read where someone was trying to do the same. Check it out.
    RCD330+ OEM Camera connection

EDIT: I read that a bit, short answer is no from our resident RNS510 expert

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    You can't use a highline camera with an rcd330. The RCD can see the highline control module but doesn't know what to do with it as it's not compatible.
    It's possible that a 7n0 highline control module might work, as these work with Discover media, but I've never tried.
    The easiest option is to just use a cheap aftermarket lowline camera.
    Image quality will be better, you just lose the bending guidelines.
    Last edited by The_Hawk; 20-03-2020 at 05:16 PM.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    I'm trying to figure out what to do. I have a RNS315 that has some issues and needs to be replaced, I'd be happy with a RNS510, but then I read they don't have inbuilt bluetooth like the 315 does and I'd have to get an additional bluetooth module installed under the seat. Which is obviously not going to be cheap. So firstly were there any RNS510 models that came with bluetooth and if not would it be easy to swap out a RNS315 with a RCD330? Its in a 2014 Amarok and has a reversing camera. Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dams View Post
    So I got the No name version, had issues with beeping on start up, fader all the way on front left speaker
    at every start up, and couldn't adjust equalizer which made the sound terrible.

Updated firmware and all issues fixed.
    Easy.
    Where do you buy the no name version from?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what to do. I have a RNS315 that has some issues and needs to be replaced, I'd be happy with a RNS510, but then I read they don't have inbuilt bluetooth like the 315 does and I'd have to get an additional bluetooth module installed under the seat. Which is obviously not going to be cheap. So firstly were there any RNS510 models that came with bluetooth and if not would it be easy to swap out a RNS315 with a RCD330? Its in a 2014 Amarok and has a reversing camera. Thanks.
    You can retrofit the BT that goes under the seat but that's a bit of a pain compared to just fitting a RCD330+. Its literally plug-n-play and has built in BT plus it has Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. You will need an adaptor to fit the RVC plug but that's available online. The Chinese sellers of the RCD330 normally has it (or even include it)
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag

Hello and greetings from UK!

I would like your help with regards to installing a rear camera to my VW Polo 6R. I own an RCD330 187B for about a year now and I am very happy with it so I decided to upgrade it with a rear camera.

I purchased the camera with a wireless module as shown below
    Wireless car ccd reverse rear view backup camera for vw golf vi polo v passat cc Sale - Banggood.com

My intention was to connect the red cable (12V acc) and the black cable (ground) to the relevant cables of the reverse light (below the tail light) so the camera will only power when I engage the reverse gear

But I have read around that I need to buy and install a delay module as well (my car does not have OPS as far as I am concerned at least).

So I am about to purchase this: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SL1001_.jpg

My question is how I connect this? How should I connect the wireless transmitter and how should I connect the delay module? I don't understand why the delay module has both red and blue wires.

Any advise?

Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast