Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mk R View Post
    Yeah, that's my understanding.
    Well ordered my RCD330 got the complete no name with mirrorlink and android auto, which I'm after as I don't have apple.

Noticed though when removing my headunit there are two connections splined off the main harness? Any thoughts on what these are? Maybe it's a video in motion hack or canbus hack?

Also I don't need the Nokia bluetooth module anymore?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

No idea what those are but you won't need any other bluetooth now. It's all internal in the unit including mic. Also, if you wanna hide the USB cable you can dremmel or drill the edge of the stereo unit just under the aux plug about 5mm into the plastic to track the cable under the dash etc. A 1.2m cable will JUST make it to the centre console between the seat in a Golf 5/6. I put this one in a Tiguan and drilled a hole into the front centre console while the stereo was out. You can see the cable in the space in front of the gear shifter.
    Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+-unadjustednonraw_thumb_5a22-jpg

Users Country Flag
    That's a clean way to hide the usb loom, cheers. Yeah stuffed if I know what those two connections are I know the previous unit did have video in motion and my battery never drained perhaps it's either?

Not colour coded correctly

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Ended up putting my RNS510 back in the car yesterday. I don't care what anyone says, the RCD330 doesn't sound as good as the RNS510...

All the life and energy came back into the music and it just sounded 'good' again. Noticed it immediately, there wasn't that weird absence in the mids, and the bass was much more 'confident'.

As much as I loved Android Auto, there were too many compromises. No dual FAKRA for FM, which meant reception wasn't as good, I love the steering wheel controls which you don't get with the RCD330, and I have AM radio back which I listen to on longer/more remote drives.

Hi everyone

I was hoping to get some advice before buying an RCD330 and a reversing camera for a 2011 Tiguan 103 TDI.

After reading through this thread, I was going to get the following:

Desai RCD330
    BODENLA RCD330 Plus RCD330G CarPlay APP Desai 6.5" MIB Car Radio RCD330G For VW Tiguan Golf 5 6 Jetta MK5 MK6 Passat Polo Touran-in Car Radios from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group (as suggested by Mk R)

OEM RVC
    http://www.bold-sport.com/store/inde...product_id=165 (as suggested by benough)

I would be grateful for any help people can give with the following questions:

1. Manol complained in his post yesterday that steering controls don’t work with the RCD330, but I’ve seen something elsewhere to suggest that this is only an issue for earlier models (before 2010 I think). Will there be any issues with steering controls for my 2011 Tiguan?

2. Are there any other adapters I need to buy? I understand I’ll need an RCA adapter for the reversing camera. Do I also need a digital delay relay?

3. Is the reversing camera difficult to install myself? I am not great with electronics but willing to give it a shot. Does anyone have instructions for doing this? If it’s too difficult, does anyone know someone in Sydney who could install it?

4. Are there better options for the RCD330 or the reversing camera than the ones above? (I don't really need Android Auto as we all have an iPhone)

Many thanks

Users Country Flag

Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Quote Originally Posted by TigMasterFlex View Post
    1. Manol complained in his post yesterday that steering controls don’t work with the RCD330, but I’ve seen something elsewhere to suggest that this is only an issue for earlier models (before 2010 I think). Will there be any issues with steering controls for my 2011 Tiguan?
    2011 Tiguan is based on Mk6 electronics, so whatever advice there is for Mk6 Golfs will apply to your car.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Can't help you with the rear camera questions, sorry. Haven't gotten to that yet. I know there were problems with people trying to hook up the RCD330 to the stock camera. The sellers on AliExpress do sell the unit and camera together in many cases. Keith Feng from Bodenla will answer any questions you have about his products and what's needed. He works on these units himself.

Users Country Flag
    I've got the apple play and android auto head unit. The head unit is great.

But I cannot get my oem rvc to work with my mk6 golf gti. I've got the rgb/cbvs converter and hooked the rear and batt wires to positive and ground to ground.
    I keep getting error.

I've tried seeing hooking the composite video cable directly to a DVD player video composite. No error but no image shows up.

I'm confused I think my rgb/cbvs converter is shotty. Anyone with experience with the oem mk6 rvc with this headunit?

For those with a mk6 gti, I can attest the oem camera still flips out in reverse without the delay unit. I just cant get the image to work

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Fakeoriginal View Post
    I've got the apple play and android auto head unit. The head unit is great.

But I cannot get my oem rvc to work with my mk6 golf gti. I've got the rgb/cbvs converter and hooked the rear and batt wires to positive and ground to ground.
    I keep getting error.

I've tried seeing hooking the composite video cable directly to a DVD player video composite. No error but no image shows up.

I'm confused I think my rgb/cbvs converter is shotty. Anyone with experience with the oem mk6 rvc with this headunit?

For those with a mk6 gti, I can attest the oem camera still flips out in reverse without the delay unit. I just cant get the image to work
    I'm in the same pickle my friend. However my adaptor works when I plug it into a screen. It's so bizarre.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZantetsukenJ View Post
    I'm in the same pickle my friend. However my adaptor works when I plug it into a screen. It's so bizarre.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    It's not bizarre.
    Rcd330 doesn't work with a highline module because they don't know how to talk to each other.
    A lowline camera is a simple video output so that works with a converter.
    Unless someone comes up with a can converter to allow the rcd to talk to an older rvc control module you have to remove the highline module and connect the video feed straight from the camera itself or install any aftermarket camera.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast