Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Users Country Flag

Any aftermarket boot release camera will work.
    There isn't one in particular I can recommend.
    Something like this should work, you'd need to confirm that it is the correct measurements etc:
    Crngiar Car RCA Rear View Camera Delay Timer Relay Filter for VW RCD330G Plus Passat Tiguan Golf Touran Jetta PQ MIB Conversion -in Cables, Adapters & Sockets from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

You will also need a digital delay relay (included in the above link, just make sure you select the correct boot release camera and relay) to use to connect it to the reverse light circuit, otherwise you can end up with flickering, and image cutouts when manouvering and changing between reverse and forward gears. The digital delay will 'debounce' by keeping the camera powered for 30 seconds or so after going out of reverse, so that if you go back to reverse again quickly the camera is already powered.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

I'm having some annoying issues with mine in an R36 with the factory VW Sound System (coded to Skoda since it's the only one that gets accepted).

With Y510 firmware, it works great, but as soon as I connect AA or CP, the sound defaults to the front speakers even if you switch back to radio or BT. The only way to bring it back to all 4 is to reboot the unit, but as soon as you connect AA/CP again, boom, it's back to the front again.

With 5314 firmware it sounds amazing if you do a hard reset on the amp (via VCDS/OBD11); however after a car restart, it all goes to hell... There's no bass, and it sounds like the speakers are clipping like crazy - never kept this firmware long enough in case I damage something.

If anyone's got any ideas how to fix either of these issues, it would be a life saver! I'd love to keep the 5314 firmware, but no idea how to keep the amp happy.

Now works with 8-button MFSW! Installed this today. Volume buttons work as expected. Star button mutes. Phone button single press changes screen to phone page. Long press redials last number. Double press opens Bluetooth search if no phone connected.

BODENLA RCD330 MIB RCD510 Multifunction Steering Wheel Button Control Simulator Adapter For VW Golf 5 6 Jetta MK5 Touran Caddy

BODENLA RCD330 MIB RCD510 Multifungsi Roda Kemudi Tombol Kontrol Simulator Adapter Untuk VW Golf 5 6 Jetta MK5 Touran Caddy di Kabel, adaptor & Sockets dari Mobil & Sepeda Motor AliExpress.com | Alibaba Group

Users Country Flag
    Anyone Adelaide based with access to VCDS that would like to disable my auto rear camera when put in reverse. Tiguan has no reverse camera, just need park pilot to auto load first.

Beers will be provided. Thanks

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    If both cars have white illumination in their clusters, then yes it will work.

The OPS comes through fine. It does so on my MY12 Passat with the same model headunit.

No, you do not need to buy the ISO to Quadlock adapter, as both of your cars are Quadlock already.

That camera maybe cheap, but it won't be very good. You're better off getting OEM

http://www.bold-sport.com/store/inde...product_id=165 and then buy an adapter to RCA. I have used one from Aliexpress and it's good enough.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by benough View Post
    If both cars have white illumination in their clusters, then yes it will work.

The OPS comes through fine. It does so on my MY12 Passat with the same model headunit.

No, you do not need to buy the ISO to Quadlock adapter, as both of your cars are Quadlock already.

That camera maybe cheap, but it won't be very good. You're better off getting OEM

Bold-Sport.com :: OEM RGB Reverse Camera Kit for Tiguan, new passat B7, New jetta and then buy an adapter to RCA. I have used one from Aliexpress and it's good enough.
    When you say white illumination cluster, do you mean white MFD, odo/speedo etc? If so, yes.

I'll keep the camera in mind. Thanks!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jobski View Post
    When you say white illumination cluster, do you mean white MFD, odo/speedo etc? If so, yes.
    Yep, that's correct

Users Country Flag
    How do you all feel about the sound quality of the RCD330, I have one, and I swear nothing sounds as good as the RNS510 I had beforehand....there's just something not quite right with the audio quality coming out of the RCD330 in my mind....it's like there's serious issues with the midrange and the bass is weird. I can't put my finger on it.

Hey,

I have done this upgrade twice. Once to a Mk6 Golf 2009 and a 2012 Tiguan Pacific. Both were plug and play no other adaptors needed.

I bought one for the Mrs 2012 Tiguan Pacific and it works with OPS without any VCDS coding. It seems like if the car (and its stereo) was coded for OPS before, then it will work with the new RCD330. I also have one in my 2009 Golf without OPS and it looks for the reverse camera (which isn't there) every time. Same units in both cars. Will get the VCDS code changed in the golf to stop the stereo looking for the camera next service.

BODENLA RCD330 Plus RCD330G CarPlay APP Desai 6.5" MIB Car Radio RCD330G For VW Tiguan Golf 5 6 Jetta MK5 MK6 Passat Polo Touran-in Car Radios from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Cheers,

Mark

EDIT: To clarify, the Tiguan has OPS and doesn't look for the reverse camera, just goes straight to OPS, the golf doesn't have OPS and looks for a reverse camera every time i reverse.
    Last edited by Mk R; 11-05-2018 at 08:05 AM.

Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast