Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Dark blue one is gps, white ones are antenna. Is it a high line camera with moving lines?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sn809 View Post
    Dark blue one is gps, white ones are antenna. Is it a high line camera with moving lines?
    OK so don't need the blue one. Yeah it has moving lines. I'm not that bothered about moving lines.

Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    OK so don't need the blue one. Yeah it has moving lines. I'm not that bothered about moving lines.
    Ok, so you need to get a " VW oem reverse highline camera to RCD connector"

Euro Upgrades | Aftermarket Parts & Accessories for VW & Audi might have it as you are in Perth and would prefer to get local or ebay it.

It will then connect to the blue and yellow cable. the light blue connector going under the speakers. Please ensure you align the pins as it can go both ways.

Users Country Flag
    Ok, so you need to get a " VW oem reverse highline camera to RCD connector"

Euro Upgrades | Aftermarket Parts & Accessories for VW & Audi might have it as you are in Perth and would prefer to get local or ebay it.

It will then connect to the blue and yellow cable. the light blue connector going under the speakers. Please ensure you align the pins as it can go both ways.
    Ok thanks for replying. I think I need to program the stereo though? Engaging reverse, the sensors come on, but I've been told if it had been programmed for a camera there should be a blank image if programmed and no camera. I'm not getting that.

[QUOTE=richmurphy;1313674]
    @Richmurphy, do you want to put in a low resistance to see if the small voltage fluctuations get ignored?

I tried using a 330 ohm resistor I had lying around. The camera didn't open. Unfortunately it didn't open when I engaged reverse either!

Obviously 330 ohm is too high - might check the current draw and work backwards. I'm actually surprised the bulb check didn't fail so I might look closer at that too.
    Adding info incase it helps someone else. The seller had me rewire the supplied canbus emulator and run another wire to the back. This connection supplies +12v when reverse is engaged so I don't need to tap the reverse light now.

Only a brief test but it appears to work perfectly. Honestly don't know why they don't use this configuration normally!

@Richmurphy Could you post a picture. That would def help others. My camera has canbus input directly from the Canbus. The purple strip on orange background for + and Brown strip on orange background for -, position 10 and 20 (Not respectively please check which one is which). It also has moving yellow lines based on steering wheel sensor position.

VW Passat Jetta2012 Tiguan dynamic parking line handle rear view camera RCD330G | eBay

Has very good results and excellent during night as well.
    I got my RCD 330 NoName from him as well.
    rcd330gplus.com

YouTube

This shows his latest efforts, he has connected the USB data function to a jack in the back which leads to a usb port. It wasn't available when I got mine other wise I would have def got this one.

@Zed Yes you need to program it in the radio section of VCDS and section 10 depending on your camera and Canbus/car model.

I will come upto Perth once the borders open up for a supply run, we can see if my VCDS will work on your car no problems, I usually do day trips though. Will send you a pm the night before.
    Otherwise you can get try posting in the vcds thread.
    Last edited by sn809; 16-05-2020 at 11:58 PM.

Users Country Flag
    @Richmurphy Could you post a picture. That would def help others. My camera has canbus input directly from the Canbus. The purple strip on orange background for + and Brown strip on orange background for -, position 10 and 20 (Not respectively please check which one is which). It also has moving yellow lines based on steering wheel sensor position.

VW Passat Jetta2012 Tiguan dynamic parking line handle rear view camera RCD330G | eBay

Has very good results and excellent during night as well.
    I got my RCD 330 NoName from him as well.
    rcd330gplus.com

YouTube

This shows his latest efforts, he has connected the USB data function to a jack in the back which leads to a usb port. It wasn't available when I got mine other wise I would have def got this one.

@Zed Yes you need to program it in the radio section of VCDS and section 10 depending on your camera and Canbus/car model.

I will come upto Perth once the borders open up for a supply run, we can see if my VCDS will work on your car no problems, I usually do day trips though. Will send you a pm the night before.
    Otherwise you can get try posting in the vcds thread.

Cool cheers bud appreciate it!

Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+-1b-jpg

I bought the camera from this store: For VW Emblem Logo Reverse Camera for VW Golf 5/6 Phaeton Passat B6 B7 B8 CC VW logo Back up flip Camera Night vision Guide Line|vw back camera|flip logovw flip camera - AliExpress

Mk6 with Dynamic lines into RCD330. Instructions were terrible as I mentioned before. Supplier not much better.

Hi all,

I've been looking through the thread to see what people are installing currently. I have an 05 Golf V with a replacement unit that runs an old version of win ce and I'm looking to replace it. From what I can see the Android devices (330's etc) seem popular & I see the advantage of the more modern software (apps) but if I want to retain cd/dvd capability do I have to stay with a win ce powered unit? I can't seem to find an android unit with a disk player?

We have decided to keep the golf for a couple more years and the current unit fascia has gone soft and tacky and looks like crap otherwise it's still doing the job.

Thanks

Phil
    Red 99 Seat Ibiza Cupra Sport, coilovers, K&N (Gone but not forgotten)
    Blue 05 Golf 2.0 TDI DSG Comfortline, leather, sunroof.
    2012 BMW X3 MSport 2.0D

Car Radio RCD330 MIB200F,Carplay,Android Auto,BT,CD,USB,RVC,AUX,for VW GOLF POLO | eBay

This one has CD player, please double check the Android Auto

Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast