Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MEL744 View Post
    Considering buying one of these for my 06 Jetta, just wanted to make sure I have the right idea of what needs to be done before purchasing. Currently undecided between the A or B model, not sure if the Android Auto is worth the extra cost, if I do get a B model I plan on buying the cheaper noname version with MirrorLink and Apple Carplay then reflashing the firmware to one with Android Auto. Can someone confirm the following list should work with my car:

- Steering wheel adapter for 8 button steering wheel (my car has half height MFD if this makes a difference?)
    - Dual fakra antenna adapter
    - Updated Canbus: for this I was planning on getting one from a newer mk5 at the wreckers then just recoding it with VCDS to match my car - will this work?

Cheers,
    Michael
    Yes, it will work.

Users Country Flag
    Have been following this thread for at least a year now - I have noticed in the last few pages that there is mention of the OEM RVC working with the 330+ if it is not the 'highline' model

I have a MY10.5 Mk6 Golf GTI, RNS510 as stock with the emblem RVC...my camera does NOT have the guidance lines - just video.
    Am I correct in saying that I can use the 330+ with a video adapter? This is new to me if so.

Users Country Flag
    Yes you can use a lowline rvc with a rgbs to cvbs converter
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by Mk R View Post
    Disconnecting the under seat bluetooth is required as you'll no longer need it and it will conflict with your new RCD330, which has bluetooth and microphone inside the stereo unit.
    After disconnecting the bluetooth module, can I just leave the cable hanging? I assume there's no other tweaks required to tell the car that the old module isn't required anymore?
    Golf R 5 door United Grey | DSG | ACC | Leather | Bluetooth | 19" Talladega Black

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by m_f View Post
    After disconnecting the bluetooth module, can I just leave the cable hanging? I assume there's no other tweaks required to tell the car that the old module isn't required anymore?
    I would guess that the CANBUS would report a communication error since it can't see the bluetooth module, although I don't think you would ever see it on the dash. Worth coding out if you have access to a VCDS cable somewhere, but not the end of the world otherwise.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    I would guess that the CANBUS would report a communication error since it can't see the bluetooth module, although I don't think you would ever see it on the dash. Worth coding out if you have access to a VCDS cable somewhere, but not the end of the world otherwise.
    Thanks heaps!

I don't have access to VCDS cable unfortunately. Will disconnect the bluetooth module when I get the unit
    Golf R 5 door United Grey | DSG | ACC | Leather | Bluetooth | 19" Talladega Black

Oem Camera hookup rcd330+

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    If you have an OEM camera with the 26 pin multimedia connector which connects to the RCD510/RNS510 then you need the RGBS to composite converter you linked.
    If you are using an aftermarket or MY16 Tiguan camera with composite video (single yellow RCA connector) then you use the adapter you circled, and put that blue square connector into the appropriate block in the quadlock harness.

Any luck with the amp coding?
    With this adaptor, where does the camera plug into?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by leechy70 View Post
    With this adaptor, where does the camera plug into?
    There will be a round (usually yellow) RCA plug on the back of the unit.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    There will be a round (usually yellow) RCA plug on the back of the unit.
    I have this blue plug?Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+-img_20191122_080358-jpgReplacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+-img_20191122_080358-jpgWith the mention kit, not sure how to use this with the yellow female video plug?

Users Country Flag

BLue plug is GPS antenna - you don't need that.
    The 26 pin connector you have is the multimedia connector which includes camera.
    You need to plug this into the RGBS-CVBS adapter and the RCA video cable from that plugs into your RCD
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast