Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Provided it arrives on time I'll be installing a Carplay enabled one into my my08 jetta (8 button Steering wheel) as well as an aftermarket Reversing camera in over Easter. I'm planning on taking pics and noting anything that is needed. Hopefully I'll be able to give a rundown afterwards. I'll keep you all posted.

Bit of an update on the head unit install. I installed Noname brand RCD330+ (6RD035187 B) on Saturday. It replaced the stock RCD300, it was completely plug and play. I have a 1K0907530 L Canbus module, so far there hasn't been any battery drain issue. Unfortunately my reversing camera didn't arrive on time, I've run the cabling to the boot and will hopefully get to install the camera next weekend.

This unit has the most recent firmware and appears to work well. I haven't noticed any bugs so far. Carplay works well, the only issue I have is you have to drape a USB cord down your centre console. I'm considering a right angle USB plug and ribbon cable back into the dash under the unit and out near the ashtray but it might be too much work.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by water_Jetta View Post
    Bit of an update on the head unit install. I installed Noname brand RCD330+ (6RD035187 B) on Saturday. It replaced the stock RCD300, it was completely plug and play. I have a 1K0907530 L Canbus module, so far there hasn't been any battery drain issue. Unfortunately my reversing camera didn't arrive on time, I've run the cabling to the boot and will hopefully get to install the camera next weekend.

This unit has the most recent firmware and appears to work well. I haven't noticed any bugs so far. Carplay works well, the only issue I have is you have to drape a USB cord down your centre console. I'm considering a right angle USB plug and ribbon cable back into the dash under the unit and out near the ashtray but it might be too much work.
    That's great to hear. Can you tell us what integration there is with the MFD, if any, and do the steering wheel buttons work, including the phone?
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

I have the 8 Button steering wheel and the highline MFD. It hasn't integrated with either of these unfortunately. I've lost the volume controls that worked with the old headunit and the phone and voice activation button still don't work. Hopefully there is some coding to get some of this working.

I've seen quite a bit of conflicting advice regarding integration of both of these. I believe the MK6 steering wheel works, I'm unsure about the white MFD.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeah, you just need to code it for the phone button to work I'm still waiting on my OBDEleven so that I can code mine, its taking ages!

In regards to the white MFD, mine one doesnt display anything about music or phone calls. Maybe theres a coding option somewhere? But its not a big loss for me.

Are you still loving the carplay option? I'm so jealous

Carplay is working great. Totally satisfied so far. Same with the RCD330+. The Bluetooth connects in a matter of seconds, touchscreen is responsive, the software is quick and doesn't seem to lag at all and install was easy. I'd recommend it with no hesitation.
    Last edited by water_Jetta; 18-04-2017 at 08:03 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Does it play movies either via USB or sd card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't tried, I think i read it doesn't but I could be wrong. Maybe with Android or an SD card. You won't be able to through Carplay, it wont even let you view messages let alone video.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    oh? I was under the impression that you could message. https://9to5mac.com/community/runnin...d-iphone-apps/ lists "messages" as a carplay app.

Users Country Flag

Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorecrayon View Post
    oh? I was under the impression that you could message. https://9to5mac.com/community/runnin...d-iphone-apps/ lists "messages" as a carplay app.
    You can in CarPlay, but only by voice. I have no idea, however, if manufacturers can turn the core apps off.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast