Thread: Replacement Head Unit for Golf MK6 + reversing Camera

Users Country Flag

Replacement Head Unit for Golf MK6 + reversing Camera

Hi Guys

Need some suggestions on the replacement head unit for my Golf Mk6 adn also want to install the reversing camera.

Also need suggestions for a good installer in Western Sydney.

thanks

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Just bumping the thread. Thanks

Users Country Flag
    The RCD330+ is the OEM option, easy drop in install with only four screws and a couple of plugs, something you could totally do yourself. It gives you CarPlay and Android Auto if you get the right version.

Otherwise, any double din head unit will be fine, you just need the adaptor bracket and plug adaptor for steering wheels controls and all that. Just make sure you get the one for whatever brand you buy so it's plug and play.

Volkswagen Golf 2009-2013 MK6 | Aerpro

Personally, I'm a Pioneer fan and have had a couple of different units in the Multivan over the years from a Pioneer AVIC (full NAV) to a modern CarPlay unit. I'm very tempted to upgrade to this one for a larger screen and wireless carplay too:
    DMH-Z6350BT - Pioneer

Camera wise I fund the OEM camera in my Mk6 which uses CVBS rather than a composite connection miles better than the Pioneer one in the dark. It's an older camera so maybe it's better now, but honestly it's not terrible. Upgrading the numberplate lights to LED provided that little bit of extra lighting needed for those really dark places.

One Day I'll upgrade the Golf to a Pioneer too, but the OEM RNS510 that's in there now does everything I need so there is little incentive beyond CarPlay and since it's not a daily driver it's hard to justify.

On installers, the headunit really is only four screws and with the modern adaptors it really is plug and play.
    The camera is a little bit more involved, but it's pretty straight forward, it's worth giving it a go yourself, especially with an aftermarket unit that will need zero coding.

That said, places like Supercheap or Autobarn do installs and this is by no means a complicated one. I can't really give recommendations since I've done all my own for a long long time.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for your reply.
    I am thinking of getting RCD330+ RCD330 PLUS RCD340G Noname 187B For Jetta Golf Passart Tiguan | RCD330 Plus | RCD330G Plus

and this camera Flip camera Dynamic parking line Golf5/6/7 GTI Polo EOS Beetle PassatCC RCD330 plus | RCD330 Plus | RCD330G Plus

I think I will be able to wire the head unit without any drama, but maybe get someone to wire the reversing camera.

Will this combination work. Thanks

Users Country Flag

according to the description, yes!

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit