Thread: RCD510 Reverse camera adaptor

RCD510 Reverse camera adaptor

Hi All,

A previous owner of my 2012 Scirocco R (pre face lift) has installed an aftermarket reverse camera on the car (the type that replaces the number plate light). All the cabling is there so I'm assuming he had it connected to a different head unit which he must have changed back to the RCD510 before selling it.

There is a yellow video cable running from the camera all the way to the front.
    The RCD510 has the mustard yellow 26 pin connector
    I've had the rear view camera function enabled in VCDS.

Where can I buy an adaptor to connect the yellow video cable to the 26 pin mustard yellow connector?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RCD510 Reverse camera adaptor-dsc_1677-jpg   RCD510 Reverse camera adaptor-dsc_1680-jpg  

RCD510 Reverse camera adaptor-dsc_1679-jpg   RCD510 Reverse camera adaptor-dsc_1682-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    Dont think you can as they use different protocols to talk to each other. Has been lots of threads about this without success
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    You can use a CVBS to RGBS adapter. Get them from Ali or Ebay.
    Quality isnt the greatest but better than nothing.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    You can use a CVBS to RGBS adapter. Get them from Ali or Ebay.
    Quality isnt the greatest but better than nothing.
    Thanks mate! Looks like they're roughly $130. Any idea what head units I'd be able to plug the RGB yellow cable into directly if I were to go down that path? Aftermarket head unit or a different VW headunit
    2012 Scirocco R manual, RD Technik stage 2 tune with Forge twintercooler. Rising blue - currently riding on white work emotion T7R 18x8.5

Users Country Flag

Anything aftermarket will use cvbs.
    VW current gen head units use cvbs also.
    Rcd330, composition media or Discover Media

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500