Thread: RCD510 GTI stereo is always "LOUD" when the unit turns on KABOOM

Users Country Flag

Thumbs down RCD510 GTI stereo is always "LOUD" when the unit turns on KABOOM

Right. I've just installed an RCD510 into my girlfriend's MK5 GTI and every time I start the car and the radio turns "on", it will set the volume to a louder setting than when I had it on before.

I've gone into the Volume settings and I've set the "Startup Volume" all the way to the left which is the absolute minimum but it's still loud.

It also does this when I press the "Mute" button on the steering wheel and when I un-mute it, it will reset itself to this "Startup Volume" again and give me a mini brain explosion.

Has anyone else had this experience with their RCD510?

Any help would be appreciated.

2005 VW MK5 Golf GTI
    2008 VW MK5 Golf GTI
    2011 VW MK6 Golf GTI

Users Country Flag
    same sort of issue i found on a mkv forum whilst looking it up. Is it coded?
    RCD-510 startup volume too loud - VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by MK4Mishy View Post
    same sort of issue i found on a mkv forum whilst looking it up. Is it coded?
    RCD-510 startup volume too loud - VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com
    Good find, thanks for the link. I haven't coded it with VCDS, no. Has any one got any idea on how to "code" it with VCDS? As in, what parameters or options do I need to change in VCDS so this smelly radio doesn't blast me every time we start the car?

PS: I've ordered a VCDS from Ross Tech which should be in next week.
    2005 VW MK5 Golf GTI
    2008 VW MK5 Golf GTI
    2011 VW MK6 Golf GTI