Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: RCD330+ OEM Camera connection

Users Country Flag

i finally installed/connected my aftermarket camera to my RCD330 !!! didn't work first time so i reconnected everything and then still nothing !!! turns out i had it right the first time.... it didnt work because my boot was open !!!

video : YouTube
    camera :
    Current 2023 T-Roc R-Line 140TSI | Past 2015 Jetta Trendline 118TSI

Users Country Flag

Hello!

I also don't have the picture with hihgline camera. Could You please describe how to bypass this hihgline module unit in the boot? Acutally the picture only is already more satisfying than no picture.

Thank You in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    The highline camera module (ie with bending guidelines) has a composite camera that connects to the camera control module which is in the right hand side of the boot behind the removable trim panel. It's mounted on the floor.
    This module takes the camera image and overlays the guidelines with data input from the steering angle sensor to produce the moving lines.

Yes you could bypass the RVC highline module and feed the composite video straight to the head unit, losing guidelines and gaining some image quality in the process. You would need to add a digital delay relay for power, triggered off the reverse light circuit.

However you would in general want to keep the highline features, as you mentioned.

I don't have a RCD330G nor have I seen one. I have a Discover Media which uses the same composite video input however. In my case I upgraded my highline RVC module to the 7N0907441B from My16 Tiguan as it provides the guidlines, but outputs composite video rather than RGBS.

In theory you should just be able to convert the RGBS video output from your highline RVC module to composite and configure the head unit for RVC low and it should work.
    I have done this on a couple of Mk5 Golfs with OEM lowline cameras to Discover Media and it works perfectly as long as the adaptation channels are correct.

In the case of the RCD330G I am not sure these adaptation channels exist - worth checking, as you have PDC installed:
    ENG122229-ENG117711-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-parking_assist_0x0A_msg_bus - change to "Terminal 15"
    ENG122228-ENG117685-Car_Function_List_CAN_Gen2-PDC_audio_lowering - change to "Available"
    ENG122228-ENG117686-Car_Function_List_CAN_Gen2-PDC_audio_lowering_msg_bus - change to "Terminal 15"
    ENG122227-ENG117496-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_pdc - change to "Activated"
    ENG122227-ENG117499-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_pdc_standstill - change to "Activated"

Your RGBS converter should be constantly powered, but you don't need to connect the yellow reverse trigger wire to anything, just tape it up.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567