Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RCD330+ OEM Camera connection

Users Country Flag

[QUOTE=McAllstar;1260366]
    Quote Originally Posted by ZantetsukenJ View Post
    More than likely not, I believe it should delay itself anyway. I'm keen to see if there will be a software update for this if a lot of a people are having the same problems.

Sent from my SM

Hi Gents

Please will you keep us updated in case you hear about any software updates

Thanks
    Hi!

ive Also had this problem. I have a golf 6 tdi with lowline camera.
    bought this adapter and now it works!
    Caraudio-Systems | RGB-03CAM-N

Users Country Flag
    How much was that?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ZantetsukenJ View Post
    How much was that?

Bought it through a swedish company, i paid 80EUR.
    dont know IF that is the actual price, got that ”alibaba converter” at first, but since it didnt work thet got my this converter instead

Users Country Flag
    Would something like this work for the older model highline camera?

A0580 VW Volkswagen Original Camera Video Decoder Aftermarket Stereo Reversing C | eBay

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by btuned View Post
    Would something like this work for the older model highline camera?

A0580 VW Volkswagen Original Camera Video Decoder Aftermarket Stereo Reversing C | eBay
    Nope won't work.
    The issue is not with the video conversion.
    The issue is the RCD330G can see the highline RVC module, but doesn't know how to talk to it.
    It might know how to talk to a 7N0 Tiguan highline camera module perhaps, I could test this in my car but I don't have an RCD330.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Nope won't work.
    The issue is not with the video conversion.
    The issue is the RCD330G can see the highline RVC module, but doesn't know how to talk to it.
    It might know how to talk to a 7N0 Tiguan highline camera module perhaps, I could test this in my car but I don't have an RCD330.
    Ok thanks for the info. Seems like im stuck with either forgoing having a RVC or buying an aftermarket one.

For reference i have a 2010 Mk6 GTI with the OEM highline (pretty sure it is given the yellow lines and dynamic movement) RVC.

Edit: Just thinking out loud - would I be able to change just the camera in the Logo to an aftermarket that would be able to talk to the RCD330 and therefore allowing me to keep the flip badge function? Not sure if something like that exists. What would the requirements be for the camera to be able to interact?
    Last edited by btuned; 03-05-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Users Country Flag
    If someone in Sydney can supply me with an RCD330 to test (ie just take it out of their car and put it in mine, only need a few mins to test it) we can determine if the 7N0 RVC module might be a workable solution
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    If someone in Sydney can supply me with an RCD330 to test (ie just take it out of their car and put it in mine, only need a few mins to test it) we can determine if the 7N0 RVC module might be a workable solution
    I may be ordering one soon - was just trying to see options around this RVC problem. Thankfully ordering an aftermarket RVC isnt too expensive but still not ideal given i have a perfectly functioning OEM flip badge RVC.

I'll let you know when i get one over and would be great to see if you would be able to help out. Is the theory that if that the RVC modlue works then it would be simply replacing the Golf's OEM module with the 7N0 so that the camera can "talk" to the head unit (like this: Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com Would you need the RGB to AV adaptor as well or any other adaptor for that matter?

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Users Country Flag
    The 7N0 camera module would not need a converter, as it outputs composite video, which the RCD330 and MQB head units use.
    It would require running a new harness from the boot to the head unit but the end result would be a fully functional highline camera.
    This is of course only if the RCD330 knows how to talk to the module. I had to replace my older highline module (the same as what you have) in order to get highline camera functionality in my Discover Media...so with any luck it will be the same.

Aftermarket cameras are very cheap. There are even some that use an internal accelerometer to produce bending guidelines....have never seen one in use so no idea how they compare to the proper highline module which uses steering angle sensor data to build the trajectory lines, and is properly calibrated.

Users Country Flag

I finally got my RVC working on my GTI MK6. Ended up being a dodgy adaptor, but also got told by another member to try the reverse wire from the plug for the RCD510. Lo and behold it worked.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast