Support VWWC

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RCD330+ OEM Camera connection

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    Update:

Plugging composite out from converter into my tv doesn't give an image either.

That would potentially point to the converter except:

Plugging my DVD player into the input for head unit doesnt produce an image on it either. If I wait until after I select reverse to quickly connect the DVD player I don't get the error message about camera not available so it's possible that it is detecting the signal but it isn't compatible?

I'm starting to wonder if the factory highline camera computer module needs some sort of canbus activation from the head unit?

Anyone know?
    Highline rvc is on the infotainment bus.
    But it gets a signal from powertrain canbus via the gateway when reverse is engaged.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thanks. Do you mind giving me your opinion what might be my issue or how I might go about isolating and solving the problem.

I loved your discover media thread - you obviously have some pretty solid knowledge after that project. I'm just a bit lost as while I'm a quick learner and a lateral thinker this is all pretty new to me.

Id love to keep the factory camera rather than have to go and put some aftermarket job in without dynamic guidelines.

Users Country Flag
    There are a few people in the same situation here with this setup - RCD330G and OEM camera that can't get an image.
    Having not yet seen an RCD330G I am not sure I can help too much - yet.

I will be aiming to try and sort one of these problems out for a member who is a little closer to me.

If (once?) we get it sorted I will hopefully have something more useful for everyone to work on.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thanks. Much appreciated. If you get it sorted and I can get it working I'll send you some real beer from this side of the ditch 😂

Users Country Flag
    Thanks. Much appreciated. If you get it sorted and I can get it working I'll send you some real beer from this side of the ditch RCD330+ OEM Camera connection
    Been a bit busy on my own car for a few days.
    PLA 2.0 installed and working after a few issues with faulty sensors and a short that took out my fuel gauge that I had to rectify.
    Will try and help out the other member when we can get together.

Coincidentally he is the original owner of my car.

The circle of life. Or something....

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kamold; 02-02-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Ok so I had a quick at this today.
    6RD 035 187 B running sw 5314 in a B6 Passat with highline RVC controller.

The issue is that the head unit actually tries to talk to the RVC module, but the RVC has incompatible software and logs a fault saying as much.

So unfortunately the RCD330 will not work with older highline modules.
    What needs to happen is the highline module needs to be bypassed, so that the composite video signal from the camera itself is fed straight to the RCD330 video input. No RGBS converters, no highline bending guidelines.

The only other solutions I can think of are:
    Replace the highline module with a 7N0 module from an MY16 Tiguan (which I have done in my car connected to my Discover Media). This involves running a new harness from the boot to behind the head unit as the cabling is different.

See if there is a software solution - the RCD330G software would require an update to support older RVC control modules such as the 3C9 907 441. There is no later software for the RVC module than sw 20. This is a pretty long shot but perhaps it has been done.

Sorry for slow reply to say thanks - been snowed under at work.

Thanks for working it out even though the answer isn't what I'd like.

Having been without a camera for over a month I'm ready to give up bending guidelines for a working camera.

So it seems like it may be easier to buy a replacement cvbs camera and run a new wire rather than try to make a cable that plugs into the existing camera. There are some that have bending guidelines using what I assume is an inertia sensor so that might even be worth a shot.

Cheers

If I kept the factory camera, presumably I wouldn't need a delay relay though... Any idea?

Users Country Flag
    If I kept the factory camera, presumably I wouldn't need a delay relay though... Any idea?
    More than likely not, I believe it should delay itself anyway. I'm keen to see if there will be a software update for this if a lot of a people are having the same problems.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

[QUOTE=ZantetsukenJ;1257152]More than likely not, I believe it should delay itself anyway. I'm keen to see if there will be a software update for this if a lot of a people are having the same problems.

Sent from my SM

Hi Gents

Please will you keep us updated in case you hear about any software updates

Thanks

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast