Thread: RCD300 AUX in mod

RCD300 AUX in mod

I got annoyed at the ridiculous way that AUX in is added to the older RCD300. Here is a solution but it does require hobbyist soldering skills. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! That said, it is very easy and safe for someone with some technical ability. This mod disrupts the signal line from the AM/FM radios when plugged in and injects the AUX out from your device. Decoupling is not necessary as the RCD300 already has decoupling built in. This is a standard line input, not digital.

I installed in the fascia of the RCD300. However, you could run a shielded four core cable to a remote location. In either case, a switched 3.5mm stereo socket is required.
    Steps:
    Open the top and bottom covers. Remove the CD screws and unplug the ribbon cable.
    If you are installing in the fascia then remove the fascia and disconnect the ribbon cables. There is room under the buttons for the socket.
    Locate the connection points.

Locate the connecting tracks on the underside and cut them.

Clean the solder mask from the pads around the holes on the topside to expose the copper.
    Solder connecting wires to these points. Solder your earth wire to the metal can(shield) of the radio.

Reassemble and test.
    Volume and tone controls work as normal. Radio must be selected first for this to work.
    This has been a success on various makes of vehicles. Make sure that the radio is reconnected when you unplug the stereo jack plug. If it does not work then check switch configuration as it is very easy to connect in reverse.
    Enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RCD300 AUX in mod-aux-mod-facia-copy-jpg   RCD300 AUX in mod-board-layout-2-copy-jpg  

RCD300 AUX in mod-conn-points-topside-copy-jpg   RCD300 AUX in mod-cut-tracks-jpg  

RCD300 AUX in mod-connect-wires-jpg  
    Last edited by gazmac52; 22-01-2016 at 10:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Users Country Flag
    It works! Thank you for the best forum post in the world. 0.5€ + soldering joy comparing to the 40€ digital CD box works for me. The quality of sound is the best.

Cool please

After making the connection , you receive which fashion multimedia CD / aux / CDC , etc.

Hi everybody,

I've a question. Where do I connect the cables red-orange and green-yellow? R preamplifier with R of radio?

Best regards

Users Country Flag
    Sorry for topic revive but i think it;s important for the newer to electronics like me:
    R & L from RADIO must be connected to a jack with circuit decoupling ( so that when you insert jack, RL from radio is decoupled)
    R & L to Preamp is R and L in the Jack.
    Thank you for showing us this mod

Hello, sorry for bringing old topic, but i have one question, i understand to preamplifier r & l i should connect aux cable but what are these two radio R&L cables