Thread: Passat B8 3G Discovery in a Golf MK7

Passat B8 3G Discovery in a Golf MK7

Hi,

I just came across a pretty good deal with the above head unit and I would like to know if someone had successfully installed in a Golf MK7 before or if it’s even compatible with.

I have a golf wagon 2014 with the basic head unit (I think the MIB1) and the Passat one has Carplay. The Passat part numbers are 3G0 919 605 D for the screen and 3Q0 035 846 for the receiver.

Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Yes it's compatible but requires handling of Component Protection and Feature Enable Codes (FEC) as well as coding and adaptation.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thanks for the reply!

Apart from the Component Protection the rest could be done with the VCDS?

Thanks again.

PS: You're a LEGEND! when I had my Passat Wagon B6 I was always reading yours retrofitting threads and helped me a lot doing some mods.

Users Country Flag
    VCDS can only do coding and adaptation. CP and FEC need to be done by other means.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Do you know anyone in Sydney/Central Coast that could help me with that?

Thanks