Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pioneer Headunit for VW/SEAT/Skoda

Users Country Flag

New Pioneer Headunit for VW/SEAT/Skoda

Has anyone seen these? Look pretty decent. They have a fascia that fits our dash and they must just plug straight into the Infotainment CAN-BUS directly without the need for an adapter.

AVIC-F9310BT Multi-sensor GPS, Entertainment & Communication System with MicroSD, USB Input and 6.1
    AVIC-F9110BT: the perfect-fit navigation and AV system for your VW, Seat or Skoda - Pioneer Europe

Seems like they tie into the climate control and parking systems too:
    AVIC-F9310BT Pioneer Golf - YouTube
    Golf GT Sport TDI

thinking about getting one of these. here's the AU link:

AVIC-F9310BT Multi-sensor GPS, Entertainment & Communication System exclusively for Volkswagen, Seat and Skoda cars - Pioneer Navigation - GPS

cozza (R owner in melb) checked one out in a shop and likes it. i'm trying to decide between this unit, the Zenec ZE-NC2010 and the Opal
    Current: MY18 Golf R 7.5 DSG - FOR SALE
    Previous: MY11.5 RBR DSG

The user interface looks nice enough, but the surrounds look a tad bland compared to the RNS (imo)

Kenwood have also jumped on the bandwagon:
    KENWOOD DNX520VBT SATNAV BLUETOOTH DVD.. VW RNS510 | eBay
    Unfortunately none of them mention whether it will allow you to upload other maps (Garmin require the serial number, which will say it is a UK item, unless you crack them), and at the moment the Kenwood site does not seem to be responding.
    Al..
    2013 MY13.5 Passat V6 Highline Wagon. Watch this space
    GONE:2017 MY18 Skoda RS169 Wagon w/ Tech & Lux, 2007 VW MKV Golf GTi

Users Country Flag
    it seems getting one of these will be the problem
    i called the number on the pioneer site, who put me in touch with an adelaide office, who only sell to dealers. solitaire quoted $2500 to install one of those and $2700 with steering wheel integration.

garmin has a maps page just for the kenwood unit, however there are only UK maps, so i think the kenwood unit is out of the question...

pioneer says jb hifi sell the 9310 but i called up a few and they say the 9310 is nowhere to be found in their system.

the cheap chinese (~AU$500) units e.g. digoptions are apparently quite hit and miss; i've been recommended by an owner of one of these to stay the f away

so it's really down to the zenec and opal
    Last edited by chylld; 27-10-2011 at 07:33 PM. Reason: pioneer not panasonic

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by chylld View Post
    panasonic says jb hifi sell the 9310 but i called up a few and they say the 9310 is nowhere to be found in their system.
    Pioneer dude, not Panasonic. Perhaps that's where the mix up was...

Either way, Pioneer confirmed that they're only selling the unit through Auto Xtreme in QLD, and via dealerships. I'm going to see what else I can find out.

Quote Originally Posted by cozza View Post
    Pioneer dude, not Panasonic. Perhaps that's where the mix up was...

Either way, Pioneer confirmed that they're only selling the unit through Auto Xtreme in QLD, and via dealerships. I'm going to see what else I can find out.
    haha brainfart on my part... i meant pioneer

my favourite audio shop said the panasonic needed adapters to integrate as nicely as the opal/zenec... not sure if true or not

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    That Kenwood looks awesome!

Considering you can get the Pioneer for around $1000 off eBay I'd tell them they're dreaming.
    Golf GT Sport TDI

Quote Originally Posted by jazd View Post
    That Kenwood looks awesome!

Considering you can get the Pioneer for around $1000 off eBay I'd tell them they're dreaming.
    the problem with all the kenwood and pioneer units is that it may not be possible to get aus maps on them, unless you buy australian stock which is much more expensive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast