Support VWWC

Thread: MY16 Golf Android Auto , what phones work with it?

Users Country Flag

MY16 Golf Android Auto , what phones work with it?

Looking at getting a MY16 110TSI Golf Highline

The sales guy at local dealer was showing me the system but my LG G4 wouldn't connect to the headunit.
    His S6 worked fine.

I had Android Auto app installed on my G4.

Anyone have such an issue?

What Android phones do work on a MY16 Golf?

Quote Originally Posted by frostywinter View Post
    Looking at getting a MY16 110TSI Golf Highline

The sales guy at local dealer was showing me the system but my LG G4 wouldn't connect to the headunit.
    His S6 worked fine.

I had Android Auto app installed on my G4.

Anyone have such an issue?

What Android phones do work on a MY16 Golf?
    Might be because he's running a different version os? compatibility issues shouldn't be limited to a handset
    Last edited by dannys87; 05-11-2015 at 03:39 PM.

I got a S6 too and it's touch and go. I can get it to work maybe 1/3 times. I was really excited about AA, but never end up using it. It's a bit of a let down at this stage in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I believe you need to have Android 5.11 to be able to install and run Android Auto App on your phone, then it should connect to the media unit
    MY19 Polo GTi 2.0 DSG

Previous VW cars:MY16 Polo GTI manual, 2007 Jetta 2.0 TDi manual, 2001 VW Bora V6 4-Motion - flooded away

Well don't even go down a windows phone road.
    Sony Xperia Z3 compact works well.
    Agree that the whole AA is really a non event at the end of the day. Having to manually connect with a cable is a bit dated, it needs to connect remotely.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Using a Nexus 5 - works really well - running V6.
    Shows me how long it will take to get to work everyday and the trip home automatically without me having to do anything.
    I can then touch the card and it will start the Nav, show traffic along the way and give me alternate routes with times.
    The maps are quick, you can zoom in and show street numbers if you want.
    I can read SMS's and reply by voice.
    The other day I was driving home after picking up my wife, she mentioned a piece of music she'd heard, I said "play the a piece" a few seconds latter we were listening to it in the car using Google Play Music.
    I use Pocketcasts to listen to Podcasts - works well , has a couple of bugs but I've sent a note to the developer.
    So far I think it's fantastic, not fussed about connecting a cable, it takes 5 seconds and I don't bother charging my phone overnight any more so I save 5secs before bed.
    MY21 Golf MK8 GTI | Kings Red Metallic | all options |
    MY16 Golf MK7 GTI PP | White | With Leather |
    MY11 Golf MK6 GTI DSG | CW | 5dr | Bi-Xenons | ACC | 18" Detroits | RNS510 with Dynaudio| RVC | MDI |

Users Country Flag
    Maybe I was expecting a bit too much as well, but I found it a bit clunky between maps and Spotify (maybe google music works better).

Feels like a Beta to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WallySimmonds View Post
    Maybe I was expecting a bit too much as well, but I found it a bit clunky between maps and Spotify (maybe google music works better).

Feels like a Beta to me.
    Exactly. I think the killer feature will be Waze. Once they have it, that's it, I'll be using it daily. It's not gonna be for a while, I saw an interview of the Waze people staying that at the moment, AA is not popular enough to justify the development cost.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk