Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mk7 Golf upgrade to MIBII (Discover Pro with Carplay)

To the best of my knowledge, mine was the first of these to be done in Australia and I have no regrets whatsoever.

I follow people who are all over the road and sit at the lights watching drivers around me with mobile in hand sending SMS, doing god knows what else and just waiting for the day that they fail to notice the constabulary beside them and risking a 4 pointer and $400+. No need to even think about touching the phone.

For my spend, the 8" screen, carplay, maps, active traffic, voice control and DAB+ were worth every cent. All this before the additional functionality with music etc. Speed cams in and enabled.

Dean and his team saw this through from beginning to end and whist I read of MIB II glitches in some new cars, mine is perfect.

Thanks VW Central.
    Last edited by 2muchcoffeeman; 10-03-2016 at 05:26 AM.
    CR Audi RS3
    PW Golf 7 GTI

Users Country Flag
    So what is the finally AU price, I haven't seen it anywhere here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by VW_Tim View Post
    So what is the finally AU price, I haven't seen it anywhere here!

Are you talking about if you purchase an MIB II from VGA and price up the control unit, screen, air vent, component protection & map activation?
    Genuine VW Parts Importer | Navigation | Bluetooth |
    Repairs | Lighting | Coding | Programming |Cameras

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by VW Central View Post
    Are you talking about if you purchase an MIB II from VGA and price up the control unit, screen, air vent, component protection & map activation?
    Hey VW Central,
    I guess I am, price for all parts, ready for installation/upgrade. I'm quite capable to do the install.
    Cheers, Tim

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by VW_Tim View Post
    Hey VW Central,
    I guess I am, price for all parts, ready for installation/upgrade. I'm quite capable to do the install.
    Cheers, Tim

Also very interested in a price for all the parts, happy to do install myself.

Users Country Flag
    Hi All,
    Please refer to our sponsor thread for current pricing information on the MIBII (Discover Pro with Apple Carplay and Android Auto) upgrade:

Golf MK7 Retrofits, Upgrades & Services

Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN, as well as preferred options (screen size, DAB+ and LTE options) for a quotation.

Regards,
    VW Central
    Genuine VW Parts Importer | Navigation | Bluetooth |
    Repairs | Lighting | Coding | Programming |Cameras

Quote Originally Posted by 2muchcoffeeman View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, mine was the first of these to be done in Australia and I have no regrets whatsoever.

I follow people who are all over the road and sit at the lights watching drivers around me with mobile in hand sending SMS, doing god knows what else and just waiting for the day that they fail to notice the constabulary beside them and risking a 4 pointer and $400+. No need to even think about touching the phone.

For my spend, the 8" screen, carplay, maps, active traffic, voice control and DAB+ were worth every cent. All this before the additional functionality with music etc. Speed cams in and enabled.

Dean and his team saw this through from beginning to end and whist I read of MIB II glitches in some new cars, mine is perfect.

Thanks VW Central.
    Mate I also have this unit as well. Quite happy with it as well. The maps on these are far better. I worked with VW Central recently to get the latest ones installed. Love the screen and quality of the 8 inch display leaves my old one for dead.

Users Country Flag

We're glad you like what we offer because this is what we meant to do for our clients and looking forward to assisting you in the future...
    Last edited by vwcentral; 17-07-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123