Support VWWC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mk7 Golf upgrade to MIBII (Discover Pro with Carplay)

thank you kamold

Inviato dal mio iPhone 6+ utilizzando Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Kamold: OK, I have both cables. They each have their advantages and disadvantages. The great feature about VCP is the "login finder" - if you know a single security code, login-finder will find the other security codes for the control module. it's a slow process (10,000 numbers takes about 45 minutes to poll), but it does work! VCDS of course has the great "Long Coding Helper" facility and it is generally a more intuitive cable to use- it's the more superior product IMO

Anyhow, I've posted below the screenshot for Byte 19 showing the pertinent bits for your project. The screenshot is for a MIBI, but I suspect that it's the same for a MIBII

Actually, now that I've posted the screen shot - something is a bit odd. Your link says the Code should be HexF4 which is binary 1111 0100. If I look at the screen-shot below for Byte 19, the USB & IPhone functionality is HexC0 which is 1100 0000. The Code for RHD + Feature Band Switching + Rear View Camera, is Hex16 which is 0001 0110. So the total binary Code is 1101 0110, which is HexD6 (not HexF4 as per your link)!

If you used HexF4, you would have programmed a LHD car and you would have also activated the MOST databus. Did the MIBII unit have the OEM external amplifier (J525)? If not, I'm not sure that the MOST should be activated. If the MIBII unit did have the Digital Sound System, then you might want to have a look at Byte 4 (sub- woofer installed) and Byte 11(external sound system)

Sorry for complicating your otherwise excellent work!
    Don

The car didn't have an amp, so not too sure about the coding Don.
    If I get another look at the car I'll check the coding with ODIS as the bytes are actually labelled in there.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Nice work Kamold!

Don - Please note since the versions we supply are the MIB II "High" versions not released or available to order from factory. VCDS shows no information for any of the Bits. For this reason all our units are pre-configured with the options listed by the VIN number for a seamless install without needing to code anything Mk7 Golf upgrade to MIBII (Discover Pro with Carplay)

The only way to do this is via ODIS Engineering.

Please see below what it looks like;
    Our part numbers are 3G0, the ones released into Australia are 3Q0 (which have no internal storage, compared to ours with 64GB Solid State).

(This one here is a MIB II high with DAB).

Hope this makes sense, please let us know if you have any questions. We've sent a request off to Ross-Tech asking if they can add support for VCDS, which would be wonderful.
    Genuine VW Parts Importer | Navigation | Bluetooth |
    Repairs | Lighting | Coding | Programming |Cameras

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by VW Central View Post
    Nice work Kamold!

Don - Please note since the versions we supply are the MIB II "High" versions not released or available to order from factory. VCDS shows no information for any of the Bits. For this reason all our units are pre-configured with the options listed by the VIN number for a seamless install without needing to code anything Mk7 Golf upgrade to MIBII (Discover Pro with Carplay)

The only way to do this is via ODIS Engineering.

Please see below what it looks like;
    Our part numbers are 3G0, the ones released into Australia are 3Q0 (which have no internal storage, compared to ours with 64GB Solid State).

(This one here is a MIB II high with DAB).

Hope this makes sense, please let us know if you have any questions. We've sent a request off to Ross-Tech asking if they can add support for VCDS, which would be wonderful.
    Mr VW_Central: Appreciate your response - thanks. Yes, I had no doubt that your product was "at the top end" and I expect that there will be a suitable label file for the MIBII in the near future from RT.

But, I've found that notwithstanding the additional functionality in the 2nd generation MIBs, there is still a lot of cross version similarity. For example- in your picture above, I can just see at the RHS the parameters for Byte 3 which you have highlighted. Here is the information for the same Byte on a MIBI showing a very similar Bit- pattern.

Don

PS: If the AUD exchange rate reverses dramatically, or if the price of your units drops substantially, you might have another customer (but only if Kamold does the installation)!
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Mr VW_Central: Appreciate your response - thanks. Yes, I had no doubt that your product was "at the top end" and I expect that there will be a suitable label file for the MIBII in the near future from RT.

But, I've found that notwithstanding the additional functionality in the 2nd generation MIBs, there is still a lot of cross version similarity. For example- in your picture above, I can just see at the RHS the parameters for Byte 3 which you have highlighted. Here is the information for the same Byte on a MIBI showing a very similar Bit- pattern.

Don

PS: If the AUD exchange rate reverses dramatically, or if the price of your units drops substantially, you might have another customer (but only if Kamold does the installation)!
    Thanks Don,

Perhaps if you want to screenshot every byte/bit for every window, we can try and collaborate what is what in the mean time.

Unfortunately, with the MIB I/MIB II (high) units ONLY the 6.5" & 8" can be used. Therefore, it's not just a simple swap out of the control unit, the entire centre vent needs to be changed and a new display to be supplied in addition to the USB port (to support the "iPod" capabilities).

Kamold has all the installation procedures, tools & radio logos! Mk7 Golf upgrade to MIBII (Discover Pro with Carplay)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Happy to do the installation for you Don but its a bit of a drive, perhaps we could meet in Beechworth or something? (so I can visit Bridge Rd Brewery as well)
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    ^^^ kamold: Sounds like a plan - But given the financial prerequisite's for a sale, let's not hold our breath until the $AUD exchange rate reverses, and/or the price of the units drop substantially!
    Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Don - Some homework for you. Please find out what is involved in a factory fitted MY16 AU delivered MIB II to get it to work in say your car? Component Protection (a given), but is activation of maps required? If so what is the local price for this?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by VW Central View Post
    Don - Some homework for you. Please find out what is involved in a factory fitted MY16 AU delivered MIB II to get it to work in say your car? Component Protection (a given), but is activation of maps required? If so what is the local price for this?
    hahahaha Mr VW Central - you have made my day!!!

The last person to give me homework was my digital electronics professor - long ago in the last century! But alas, I vowed when I completed those absolutely useless post graduate studies that I would never again "do homework" ! Life's way too short to spend quality family time "doing homework"

Besides -With the resources available at VW Central - I would have thought that the task would have been easily and appropriately completed by one of the very able staff members there

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 08-03-2016 at 01:26 PM.

Users Country Flag

hahahaha Mr VW Central - you have made my day!!!

The last person to give me homework was my digital electronics professor - long ago in the last century! But alas, I vowed when I completed those absolutely useless post graduate studies that I would never again "do homework" ! Life's way too short to spend quality family time "doing homework"

Besides -With the resources available at VW Central - I would have thought that the task would have been easily and appropriately completed by one of the very able staff members there

Don
    No problems. The answer is component protection is needed to be removed and the activation is tied to the VIN of the car. Therefore, once replaced in another vehicle the cost of activation needs to be included too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast