Thread: MIB11 SSD (Jukebox)

MIB11 SSD (Jukebox)

Has anyone heard of a bigger SSD being fitted to a one of these units. As specced from VW there is only 11 GB spare on the file partition and I presume it is an SSD not a spinny disc drive because the manual calls it an SSD. I want to use it for a specific purpose and it is the only drive you can delete files from, none of the SD cards or USB stick can have files deleted from them as far as I can tell from reading the manual. It would be nice to be able to put in a SSD card but that might be a bit much to hope for.

Users Country Flag
    There is no SSD in there. It's an eMMC flash chip on the board. It's used to store the operating software and maps also, that's just the space that's left over they use that as a 'jukebox' which is kind of pointless.
    However you can put up to 2TB SDcards to store music.
    Last edited by kamold; 03-07-2020 at 06:55 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    I have also found that you can only load 1000 tracks at a time into it. I had 1600 on an SD card and it would only load the first 1000. To get the rest on I had to put the extras on another car and then load them in. Still leaves miles of space on it I think it only used about 4 gig for them all

Presumably we are talking about a Discover Pro??????
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    There is no SSD in there. It's an eMMC flash chip on the board. It's used to store the operating software and maps also, that's just the space that's left over they use that as a 'jukebox' which is kind of pointless.
    However you can put up to 2TB SDcards to store music.
    Thanks Kamold but files on SD cards cannot be deleted via the head unit as far as I am aware but they can be deleted from the jukebox. I didn't think it would be possible but lived in hope never the less.
    Last edited by Ozsko; 03-07-2020 at 10:06 PM.

I use only FLAC files and use a PC to manage them as the head unit is too slow for that purpose and using FLAC you would get nowhere near a 1000 into 11GB so the problem would not exist. I have always wondered what 11GB was good for so have never worried about using it as with 2 x SD cards, a USB stick and an AUX port plus BT who needs more media options. I use the two SD cards and the USB every time I drive the car for different stuff as I can swap from one to the other and land back at exactly the same place on each device. I have owned the car over three years and never used the radio but I guess it works!!