Thread: Upgrading to rns510

Upgrading to rns510

Hi all, I currently have the old RNS500 blaupunk model in my 07 Passat I'm thinking of upgrading to the new RNS510. What are the possibility of doing this and what update I need to do or should I just leave it as it is.

From this
    Upgrading to rns510-image-jpg

To this
    Upgrading to rns510-image-jpg

Thanks
    2009 Tiguan TDI and 2007 Passat TDI

Users Country Flag

Thumbs down

Well if yours takes the latest maps Probably apart from costing in excess of $1000 Not a lot

Need to make sure faceplate is identical.
    Personally I wouldn't bother ATM and wait till the new DAB+ radio enabled model comes out and then spend $2000 + and still have a crap navigation system
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

So you think regardless if I upgrade now or later I will still have a crap navigation?
    Satnav is still working and still current map, just the old school image can be a bit annoying and the reversing doesn't have car image just tone.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by revhead1016 View Post
    So you think regardless if I upgrade now or later I will still have a crap navigation?
    Satnav is still working and still current map, just the old school image can be a bit annoying and the reversing doesn't have car image just tone.
    Well my opinion of VW navigation has been documented on here My wifes TOMTOM is far superior in every way. and it cost under a 10th of an RNS 510.

However the other parts of it are Ok Like the HDD for music and the radio is Ok.

Yes the parking and RVC is good don't know if your sensors would work but find the rear lines in the camera are a bit out as far as distance is concerned. I backed up today and was a lot closer than the lines said to the car behind me.

Had it not been in the car when my wife saw it in the showroom I wouldn't have got it.

Was a nice birthday present though ( The car not the Nav) LOL
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

No probs thanks mate. Will do some more research before I make a move.

You could read up maverick's posts re the RNS. There has been some reports of battery drain when RNS 510 is incompatible with older can bus

RNS 510 | my-gti.com
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT