Support VWWC

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Map updates - Discover Pro

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I always use Firefox and never have problems. Chrome is crap. Cant even get history to look sensible compared to Firefox
    Yeah, I try not to use Chrome, also find it too CPU intensive, spawns far to many instances for my liking 🙂
    Last edited by StefanVXR8; 27-04-2022 at 07:48 AM.

New maps are out for the Discover Pro (MIB2/2.5)
    https://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto....ROW_202222.zip
    This would be the 2022/23 P101 version.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    Jeez what time did you find that as I looked at lunchtime and right now it doesnt show that version I have a VIN for a model that has the same MIB as my Tig and its not showing for that on the Skoda portal
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Cheers Flipper Dog, I downloaded / updated the Sat Nav to 2022/23 P101 in both cars yesterday...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    Thanks - I've downloaded the file and will try them out in the Arteon.

BTW - I opened up the zip file and it looks to have all countries/regions worldwide. Would be good if a smaller AU-only file could be downloaded (less load on their network also).
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    Thanks - I've downloaded the file and will try them out in the Arteon.

BTW - I opened up the zip file and it looks to have all countries/regions worldwide. Would be good if a smaller AU-only file could be downloaded (less load on their network also).
    Has always been like that and be happy that they are free.

You have to unzip it to an SD card and I found it wouldnt go on my usual 32gb card and used a 64gb one instead

MIB3 maps are more specific and only update existing maps whereas the MIB2 are a complete new map each time.

DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING OR IT WONT WORK .

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Has always been like that and be happy that they are free.
    Oh absolutely, I'm very grateful =)

Last time I tried to update the maps for my RNS 510 in the R36 they wanted ~$500 for the DVD! Just checked and it's good to see they're now "only" $175 for 2021: 2021 VW GPS Navigation Map SERVCICE V10 Australia NZ RNS 510 Maps OEM 7L6051859BD Genuine - Euro Car Performance & Electronics Upgrades

Was just saying, it might be possible to delete all the unnecessary country files and 7-zip it back up to bring the file size down to ~1.5G ... just not sure if that'd mess with some of the checksums/signatures in the metainfo2.txt file (and where to host it).

I have a fast office Internet link, so no skin off my back - just thinking of how VW group could save some bandwidth/cost, whilst making the user-experience even better at the same time (not being cynical)
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag

Last time I tried to update the maps for my RNS 510 in the R36 they wanted ~$500 for the DVD! Just checked and it's good to see they're now "only" $175 for 2021:
    One of the reasons I upgraded to the MIB

It's a shame they got rid of the TMC data that used to be included.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Users Country Flag

Was just saying, it might be possible to delete all the unnecessary country files and 7-zip it back up to bring the file size down to ~1.5G ... just not sure if that'd mess with some of the checksums/signatures in the metainfo2.txt file (and where to host it).
    unfortunately deleting, or adding, even a single file would corrupt the entire map update process.
    its the first thing the MIB2/MIB2.5 unit checks before proceeding with the map update.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag

Last time I tried to update the maps for my RNS 510 in the R36 they wanted ~$500 for the DVD! Just checked and it's good to see they're now "only" $175 for 2021: 2021 VW GPS Navigation Map SERVCICE V10 Australia NZ RNS 510 Maps OEM 7L6051859BD Genuine - Euro Car Performance & Electronics Upgrades

I have a fast office Internet link, so no skin off my back - just thinking of how VW group could save some bandwidth/cost, whilst making the user-experience even better at the same time (not being cynical)
    Its very hard to get through sometimes. All you are suggesting has been tried and proved incorrect and maps wont work.

The very reason I said this DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING OR IT WONT WORK ..

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast