Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Map updates - Discover Pro

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kevvie View Post
    Juist to be clear, if you have Discovery Media, which is MIB1 with the 6.5" screen and the unit in the glove box, you need to retain the existing VW SD card and update the maps using the Volkswagen DiscoverCare application. It will take around 45 minutes to make a backup and then download the new maps to the card, but there is no other way to do it.

I spent ages trying to figure this out until I found the app.
    Can be done by d/loading to a HDD and unzipping to the SD card Same result only a different path. Have done that numerous times without problems. Havent used Discover Care for years as was faulty and withdrawn for a while.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Hi all, I have a problem with the latest map update in my wife's Golf 7.5, with the Sound and Vision package (Discover Pro Gen 2GP, MQB).

I updated the map to the Australia 2022 version (V03959809PF0099 ROW 22). The trouble is there appears to be some map errors in our local area, so my wife has lost faith in the system, and wants to wind it back. One of the errors is it wants to send her down a road towards a dead end village, and then head off down a fire trail which runs past a RAAF bombing range!

Another error (fairly trivial) is the speed limit in a 50 zone keeps changing every 10 or so metres.

The Discovercare software seems to have mangled the backup files it made, so no chance of getting them back. Is there any way of redownloading a former version?

The update process was a real pain: I had to work through all manner of formats to my SD card before the system would actually start the update. The only format that would work was FAT32

The dealership we bought the car from are useless: telling us we have to update the maps ourselves.

Thanks in advance

Trev

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevglas View Post
    Hi all, I have a problem with the latest map update in my wife's Golf 7.5, with the Sound and Vision package (Discover Pro Gen 2GP, MQB).

I updated the map to the Australia 2022 version (V03959809PF0099 ROW 22). The trouble is there appears to be some map errors in our local area, so my wife has lost faith in the system, and wants to wind it back. One of the errors is it wants to send her down a road towards a dead end village, and then head off down a fire trail which runs past a RAAF bombing range!

Another error (fairly trivial) is the speed limit in a 50 zone keeps changing every 10 or so metres.

The Discovercare software seems to have mangled the backup files it made, so no chance of getting them back. Is there any way of redownloading a former version?

The update process was a real pain: I had to work through all manner of formats to my SD card before the system would actually start the update. The only format that would work was FAT32

The dealership we bought the car from are useless: telling us we have to update the maps ourselves.

Thanks in advance

Trev
    Change from shortest route to fastest and yes Fat 32 works as does ExFat Post the file name you down loaded as what you put doesnt look right. latest is HIGH12_P99ROW_202145 I never use discover Care as it has been crappy for quite a while

Trev
    https://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto....ROW_202122.zip
    This is the link to the 2021/22 maps (July 2021).
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

The numbers I posted are those on the map version screen,

The filename of the update was P99_N60S5MIBH3_ROW_NT.7z

Strangely, if I use the Mac version Discover Care app, the latest map shows as being 5NA.919.866.CD 1819 MRM3 2022/2023. Trouble is this version of the Discover care has major issues in this it fails to download anything with a "network error"

The Win10 version of Discover Care comes up with V03.959.809.PF 0099 ROW 2022, which seems to be the version contained within the P99_N60S5MIBH3_ROW_NT.7z file.

Cheers
    Last edited by Trevglas; 25-04-2022 at 06:43 AM.

Users Country Flag
    The numbers I posted are those on the map version screen,

The filename of the update was P99_N60S5MIBH3_ROW_NT.7z

Strangely, if I use the Mac version Discover Care app, the latest map shows as being 5NA.919.866.CD 1819 MRM3 2022/2023. Trouble is this version of the Discover care has major issues in this it fails to download anything with a "network error"

The Win10 version of Discover Care comes up with V03.959.809.PF 0099 ROW 2022, which seems to be the version contained within the P99_N60S5MIBH3_ROW_NT.7z file.

Cheers
    Which is the latest map available from November 2021

DONT USE A MAC and NEVER format an SD card in a MAC

I always just download the map to my HDD and then unRAR it to an SD card have only ever had problems once.

It seems to be user error if its taking you down roads like that and you have alternatives within the program to change how it navigates.
    EG can tell it not to use Toll roads or ferries or other things Change how it picks a route fastest, shortest, no gravel roads etc

There are only 3 types of formatting Fat 32, ExFAT and NTFS so dont know where you got the "all manner of formats" from

There are instructions on the map page on what format to use AFAIK

When installed it loads to the defaults and you have to set up what you want.

Please use reply with quote so we know who you are replying to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Which is the latest map available from November 2021

DONT USE A MAC and NEVER format an SD card in a MAC

I always just download the map to my HDD and then unRAR it to an SD card have only ever had problems once.

It seems to be user error if its taking you down roads like that and you have alternatives within the program to change how it navigates.
    EG can tell it not to use Toll roads or ferries or other things Change how it picks a route fastest, shortest, no gravel roads etc

There are only 3 types of formatting Fat 32, ExFAT and NTFS so dont know where you got the "all manner of formats" from

There are instructions on the map page on what format to use AFAIK

When installed it loads to the defaults and you have to set up what you want.

Please use reply with quote so we know who you are replying to.
    Thanks for the replies, most useful. re the formatting: I tried NTFS and exFAT (as per the published instructions), but the system just hung on searching for update files. The only one that was recognised was when I had it formatted as FAT32 (which is a real pain to format to with Win 10), and interesting isn't mentioned in the manual.

Once again, thanks for the advice

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the replies, most useful. re the formatting: I tried NTFS and exFAT (as per the published instructions), but the system just hung on searching for update files. The only one that was recognised was when I had it formatted as FAT32 (which is a real pain to format to with Win 10), and interesting isn't mentioned in the manual.

Once again, thanks for the advice
    Windows can only format cards or anything in Fat32 up to 32GB If you want to as I do as I use 200gb cards in my dashcams. I use guiformat which will format any size cards in FAT 32

Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd

If you have trouble and it says "its being used by another process" back out of it and in Windows format it in NTFS and then redo it with that program. Had to do that yesterday with a 200gb card.

Users Country Flag
    Just to add something else in the mix, when I used a PC to update my Passat with the latest map, Chrome consistently seemed to interfere with what was downloaded and no matter what I used to unzip the file it would stall. I used Edge to download and it worked perfectly, extracted it to a USB stick and used that instead of an SD card.
    2023 MY22 Arteon R-Line Shooting Brake
    2016 MY17 Golf 92TSI Comfortline Wagon
    Previous - 2019 MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by StefanVXR8 View Post
    Just to add something else in the mix, when I used a PC to update my Passat with the latest map, Chrome consistently seemed to interfere with what was downloaded and no matter what I used to unzip the file it would stall. I used Edge to download and it worked perfectly, extracted it to a USB stick and used that instead of an SD card.
    I always use Firefox and never have problems. Chrome is crap. Cant even get history to look sensible compared to Firefox

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast