Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Map updates - Discover Pro

Users Country Flag

Thanks a lot karmold. It worked!

I also made a couple of other changes like enabling AM radio. Not that I listen to AM much but can be useful when in remote areas and for the news

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    I guess they really wanted DAB.
    Does that mean my particular infotainment unit has DAB+ radio? Or just the ability to work with a VW DAB+ add on module? I could see some option in the 5F module on the OBD11 for DAB but thought it was referring to something else (i.e. the DAB thing in the Green Menu)

I know this is slightly off topic but are there any settings in 5F that affect radio station preset memory?
    Last edited by LimestoneR7; 14-07-2018 at 02:04 AM.

Users Country Flag
    It should have a black dab connector on the back.
    Plug in a dab antenna and you have dab as long as it's not disabled in coding.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    I have downloaded the 23GB rest of the world package but cant see how to delete the countries I dont want

Firstly I downloaded the file to my computer. Then I decided to do it using Discover care to d/load and install on and Sd card
    Have done it but dont really want all the countries on it.

A how to so that I dont get them all would be nice thanks
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 19-09-2018 at 07:22 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Hi everyone,

Quick question. I am shipping my 2017 Tiggy from Sydney to Auckland next month (new job)

Does anyone know if DAP and Sat nav will work, and if not, what I can do about it?

Thanks,
    Steve

Users Country Flag
    Satnavs should work anywhere but you will need a NZ map in it or you will only have the base map I guess
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

I have just returned form a 2000km trip and have to admit I don't think the nav system is good enough to even bother with an update. I was lucky or perceptive enough to having paper maps with me to get out of trouble a few times on the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Satnavs should work anywhere but you will need a NZ map in it or you will only have the base map I guess
    Thanks dude. Appreciate the advice

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Monksta_no1 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Quick question. I am shipping my 2017 Tiggy from Sydney to Auckland next month (new job)

Does anyone know if DAP and Sat nav will work, and if not, what I can do about it?

Thanks,
    Steve
    the AU and NZ maps are both the same MRM (rest of the world) maps - so ur navigation maps will continue to work here.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    New version available on the site, dated 1 Oct 2018.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag

If I've successfully downloaded the new maps to a SD Card and my head unit can recognise it but indicates (in the SWDL menu) that the new map version is 'N/A', what could be stopping the upgrade from proceeding?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast