Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Map updates - Discover Pro

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MIG View Post
    One of the reasons I upgraded to the MIB

It's a shame they got rid of the TMC data that used to be included.
    its because they wont pay for it. However in MIB2 can be enabled easily with an OBDELEVEN
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    New maps are out for the Discover Pro (MIB2/2.5)
    https://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto....ROW_202222.zip
    This would be the 2022/23 P101 version.
    Loaded the maps yesterday and it seems to be working fine. Thanks again!
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Well that time of year again...2023 maps for Discover Pro MIB2
    https://navigation-maps.volkswagen.c...S5MIBH3_ROW.7z
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    Well that time of year again...2023 maps for Discover Pro MIB2
    https://navigation-maps.volkswagen.c...S5MIBH3_ROW.7z
    Well B*****R me I looked at 10pm last night and that wasnt there and not on Skoda or for an MIB3 yet.

Mine is updated and working after a false start when I did it in two parts.

Cheers
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 30-11-2022 at 05:54 PM.

Users Country Flag
    (Also posted in other Map Updates thread for MIB3)
    Just downloaded and updated the Discover Pro in my MY19 R wagon from VW Aust: https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/en/car/
    Took about 30mins.
    Need 7-zip to decompress, which I did to a bigger USB thumbdrive (>30GB) to have room.
    That took about 20 mins.

Took 3 tries with the USB, so here's the combo that worked:
    *reformat to NTFS
    *take MIB1 and MIB2 folders as well as the metainfo2.txt file out of the root folder it is decompressed to on the USB (mine was called P313_N60S5MIBH3_ROW.7z) so the car system can see what it wants.

Plug car into trickle charger as you must leave the ignition on for about 20 mins to do the update.
    Then check your state/location and date/time settings on the head unit are all correct after.
    Last edited by GolfRWag; 29-12-2022 at 01:04 PM. Reason: added link

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfRWag View Post
    (Also posted in other Map Updates thread for MIB3)
    Just downloaded and updated the Discover Pro in my MY19 R wagon from VW Aust: https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/en/car/
    Took about 30mins.
    Need 7-zip to decompress, which I did to a bigger USB thumbdrive (>30GB) to have room.
    That took about 20 mins.

Took 3 tries with the USB, so here's the combo that worked:
    *reformat to NTFS
    *take MIB1 and MIB2 folders as well as the metainfo2.txt file out of the root folder it is decompressed to on the USB (mine was called P313_N60S5MIBH3_ROW.7z) so the car system can see what it wants.

Plug car into trickle charger as you must leave the ignition on for about 20 mins to do the update.
    Then check your state/location and date/time settings on the head unit are all correct after.
    You are preaching to the converted here Mate

So whats new been doing that for years and you dont alter ANY files. I dont use Discover care or any crap stuff. Simply download the file to your computer Un RAR it to a USB stick stick it in the car and turn ign on and wait for 30 mins Check map version is
    different All done if its an MIB3

If its for an MIB2 as in my 2019 Tig it takes a lot longer to unzip the map as its nearly 25gb against the MIB3 2.5gb Is doing it now and with both WinRAR and 7 Zip is taking 2 hours to unzip to USB stick

You also dont need to alter anything on the stick Only alters the map version on the unit Nothing else and for40 mins you dont need a charger Just turn the engine on and let it sit there Works every time. Why make easy things complicated

Both work with ExFat as well
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 29-12-2022 at 09:03 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    You are preaching to the converted here Mate

So whats new been doing that for years and you dont alter ANY files. I dont use Discover care or any crap stuff. Simply download the file to your computer Un RAR it to a USB stick stick it in the car and turn ign on and wait for 30 mins Check map version is
    different All done if its an MIB3

If its for an MIB2 as in my 2019 Tig it takes a lot longer to unzip the map as its nearly 25gb against the MIB3 2.5gb Is doing it now and with both WinRAR and 7 Zip is taking 2 hours to unzip to USB stick

You also dont need to alter anything on the stick Only alters the map version on the unit Nothing else and for40 mins you dont need a charger Just turn the engine on and let it sit there Works every time. Why make easy things complicated

Both work with ExFat as well
    Well not so much for your benefit but others in similar situation - having not done this for 3 years it had become unfamiliar.
    Mine was 25 Gb compressed, near 30 decompressed, it’s a slow boat.

Charger is just insurance, 4 yo battery should be fine, until it’s not….

Didn’t have any luck with the ExFat format, and it didn’t like re-loading the decompressed files to the same memory stick they came off I think. My HDD is pretty full so needed to work around that, fixed with a separate HDD for the download.

I wonder why the dealer didn’t update my map-ware during last service like they said they would?
    No surprise there, luckily it’s so-able from home.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfRWag View Post
    Well not so much for your benefit but others in similar situation - having not done this for 3 years it had become unfamiliar.
    Mine was 25 Gb compressed, near 30 decompressed, it’s a slow boat.

Charger is just insurance, 4 yo battery should be fine, until it’s not….

Didn’t have any luck with the ExFat format, and it didn’t like re-loading the decompressed files to the same memory stick they came off I think. My HDD is pretty full so needed to work around that, fixed with a separate HDD for the download.

I wonder why the dealer didn’t update my map-ware during last service like they said they would?
    No surprise there, luckily it’s so-able from home.

More than likely they havent got the latest map and because we can do it ourselves they dont waste time doing it for you. They also wont update firmware unless the unit has a fault.

HDD are cheap now I use 5 and always one is for a back up of my work drive, another is for my committee files and one for playing around on. LOL

Users Country Flag
    Hi all, I've been trying to update my MIB1 maps for my MY15 Octavia, downloaded the new maps and put them onto a USB, 2 folders and metadata, which seems to be recognised and not at the same time, and I have no option to start the update, does anyone have any idea what I'm screwing up here? My google skills seem to be lacking... here are some pics of what's going on:

From Nav menu
    Map updates - Discover Pro-20230217_184530-jpg
    Version
    Map updates - Discover Pro-20230217_184538-jpg
    Greyed out start
    Map updates - Discover Pro-20230217_184638-jpg
    Showing the update?
    Map updates - Discover Pro-20230217_184651-jpg

Any help would be awesome, thanks.
    MY15 RS Wagon, Black Magic, Manual, Leather, Tech Pack, 18" BP

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart79 View Post
    Hi all, I've been trying to update my MIB1 maps for my MY15 Octavia, downloaded the new maps and put them onto a USB, 2 folders and metadata, which seems to be recognised and not at the same time, and I have no option to start the update, does anyone have any idea what I'm screwing up here? My google skills seem to be lacking... here are some pics of what's going on:

From Nav menu
    Map updates - Discover Pro-20230217_184530-jpg
    Version
    Map updates - Discover Pro-20230217_184538-jpg
    Greyed out start
    Map updates - Discover Pro-20230217_184638-jpg
    Showing the update?
    Map updates - Discover Pro-20230217_184651-jpg

Any help would be awesome, thanks.
    When you d/loaded them did you put your VIN in the box and then put the correct nav unit in the next page. If you use Discover Care it will do it all for you and put correct files on card.

Hmmmm You arent using a bloody awful Mac are you?????

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast