Thread: Limit switches for lumbar support 2020 Golf Alltrack

Users Country Flag

Limit switches for lumbar support 2020 Golf Alltrack

Hi all, thought I would put this out to the brains trust here as other in person sources have yielded no information.

I have a 2009 Golf 5 Pacific Diesel into which I have installed a set of 2020 Golf Alltrack seats. Unfortunately the seat controller was fried which has forced me to design a new seat controller based around Arduino Nano due to the actuator switches being two stage resistive rather than simple three wire options that could drive a bank of relays directly.

Now the reason for my question is that it seems at least from the circuit block diagram that there may be a limit switch for the lumbar support vertical and horizontal motors but I cannot seem to work out how it is working. I have tried a simple resistive test when driving the motors to their limits but nothing seems to be apparent, and I am loathe to keep trying to find the answer this way in case I strip the gearboxes which is what happened to my 2009 before I bought it, and one of the reasons I replaced the seats in the first place.

I'll reply to this thread with the diagram as it is not allowing me to directly upload. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Also, if anyone else is in need of a seat controller for a set of electric seats, hit me up and I'll send you the circuit diagram.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

See image below:
    Limit switches for lumbar support 2020 Golf Alltrack-lumbar-support-grab-jpg