Thread: Installing a sub an amp ?

Users Country Flag

Installing a sub an amp ?

Just though I'd make a thread as I couldn't find one.
    My friend bought a subwoofer and a amplifier, but im wondering if it is really as simple as wiring it in as you would, in other cars, or are there codes that need to be delt with ?

Any help with this would greatly be appreciated especially if you have or know someone who has installed either 1 or both of those things.

Thanks
    Kay

Just forgot its a 90tsi
    Also sorry if it's a dum question, but I come from a older generation golf
    Last edited by KKK VR6; 06-01-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    Garage:
    VR6
    XR6
    R36

Users Country Flag
    If its just factory stereo and a of the shelf amp then it will need to have a line in connection or you will need to get a Line out to RCA converter as the factory stereo has no RCA outputs

Do a search and look in the audio section for more info.
    Last edited by LunchboxVRS; 06-01-2013 at 06:01 PM.
    MY16 Candy white Octavia VRS Wagon, sunroof, 19" black pack, tech pack, comfort pack, auto tail gate
    MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI

Users Country Flag
    The factory deck also has no remote power wire for the amp either. I used the power wire from the ciggie lighter to make it turn on but remember to put an inline on/off switch in too other wise the amp will always be running whether the deck is on or off.
    2008 VRS Wagon. Yellow, very yellow!
    Forever blowing bubbles.

Users Country Flag

The deck should have two power wires running to it. one is constant and the other will be +12v with ignition on. Use the later to tap In for the amp remote wire that way you won't need a Switch. If you can get hold of a multimeter to check which has voltage when ignition of and what has volts itch ignition on. Or get hold of the wiring diagram..
    MY16 Candy white Octavia VRS Wagon, sunroof, 19" black pack, tech pack, comfort pack, auto tail gate
    MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI