Thread: How to enable Bluetooth on RCD310

Users Country Flag

How to enable Bluetooth on RCD310

Hi all,

First time poster so I hope I've posted this in the right section.

I currently own a MK6 TDi with RCD 310 multimedia unit installed, it has AUX available but no Bluetooth. In the settings I can see a Bluetooth option but I don't believe there's a Bluetooth adapter installed.

I found a Bluetooth adapter online and would like to confirm if anyone here knows if it will enable Bluetooth audio playback, telephony and voice control via the existing hands-free steering controls?

Bluetooth adapter:
    Biurlink Car CD Changer Microphone Phone Call Handsfee Cable Bluetooth Audio Adapter For Volkswagen RCD300 RCD315 RCD510 RNS510|cd changer usb|car cd changerchanger usb - AliExpress

My steering wheel is exactly like shown in the below video.
    YouTube

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Most people have gone for an RCD330 as the install is simple and works better/equal to what you have. It has bluetooth, android auto and the iphone version as well. Does not need maps updating as it uses the phone for gps etc. A guy has it for sale in the for sale section as well. Just purchase a reversing cam if you want/don't already have and all your new head unit needs will be fulfilled.

Regarding your mic and bluetooth linked above, from what I know its difficult to install specially the mic. Also not all bluetooth modules play nice with the VW headunits except if its OEM and those again are a bit of a pain to install and are on the expensive side. You may find something on Gumtree/ebay/car yard.