Thread: Headlight Electrics - Fixiable or not???

Users Country Flag

Headlight Electrics - Fixiable or not???

So I have replacement headlights in my MK6 Golf. A week ago I did a battery, turns out I also blew the electrics in oneof the headlights.

So my question is to all those with electric experience... is this fixable or just binable????

https://ibb.co/fm705a

Users Country Flag
    Hmm not sure....perhaps an electrical guru can advise. If you do need a replacement headlight, i have a pair that i removed from my Mk6 GTI about 6-8 months ago to fit xenons. Happy to sell either 1 or both of them too for cheap if you need them.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Lucas_R I've still got my orignal pair as well....

Tell me, What type of Xenous did you get?

Users Country Flag
    They are replicas of the optional VW units. Made by a company called Eagle Eyes in Malaysia and im using a Morimoto xenon ballast/bulb etc.

The light output, while much better than the original halogen headlights - is not as good as the genuine xenons. If i end up keeing the car much longer i may look at replacing the projector lenses with a better quality (Morimoto or similar) unit to make them better. But the actual lenses and housings etc are very good....certainly better than others i have seen.

I sourced mine through a place in Syd called VCDS Coding & Diagnostics Sydney (look for them on Facebook).

Pics here: My other German fling: Mk6 GTI
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks, They look good, I've got the Chinese reps with the DRLs around the HID.

Was hopeful (or more wishful) of getting the one light fixed rather than having to buy new ones if I am going to keep the car