Thread: Guide me through the sea of info on RCD510 / Gateway upgrades PLEASE

Guide me through the sea of info on RCD510 / Gateway upgrades PLEASE

Hi,

I just bought an RCD510 from fleabay. I have a 2006 Jetta and know I need a CANBUS Gateway upgrade.
    I have done some research both here and on my-GTI and I've got to say, the amount of info is OOC (and confusing for a simple mind).

I'm more than happy to put a slab of beer up for anyone in Melbourne who will give me guidance as to the best place to purchase the Gateway upgrade (Denison / Factory / Other ?????) and help me fit and code the bastard.

Please PM me if you can help.

(I'm in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne - happy to come to you if that helps)

Thanks
    Dan

The gateway you need to prevent the power drain issue is the Volkswagen (Audi/Seat) one, and should look like the one in My-GTI's link:
    Upgrading 2nd generation radios (RCD 300, RCD 500) to 3rd generation (RCD 210, RCD 310, RNS 310, RCD 510) power drain issue | my-gti.com
    Most people have sourced them from Fleabay, just enter a search for 1K0907530, but places like Carsystems also have them.

Oh, and you will need to be able to code it too - mine thought it was in a LHD Audi TT and spoke German... You might get lucky and find one at a wreckers, but it is a good idea to find someone friendly to help you fit and code it.
    Al..
    2013 MY13.5 Passat V6 Highline Wagon. Watch this space
    GONE:2017 MY18 Skoda RS169 Wagon w/ Tech & Lux, 2007 VW MKV Golf GTi

is there Anyone in Melb East who could help me code the gateway? Will bring beer!

Fitted it myself tonight. No error codes yesterday... Leads me to believe no coding req'd. Happy days

I take it you are referring to the RCD510 that you fitted with no error codes - that sounds right.
    You might not know that you have a power drain issue until you get a flat battery all the time...
    2013 MY13.5 Passat V6 Highline Wagon. Watch this space
    GONE:2017 MY18 Skoda RS169 Wagon w/ Tech & Lux, 2007 VW MKV Golf GTi

Quote Originally Posted by 99_FGT View Post
    I take it you are referring to the RCD510 that you fitted with no error codes - that sounds right.
    You might not know that you have a power drain issue until you get a flat battery all the time...
    RCD510 & new Gateway bought from a forum member.
    It all seems to work fine.
    So I guess I'll drink the slab myself!

Happy days