Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golf GTI MkVI with Dynaudio - audio upgrade suggestions

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TDiJetta09 View Post
    I've got the Dynaudio Excite package in my MK6 Golf and I had the front doors installed with Dynamat sound deadening, and what a difference it has made to the low end bass! I've had to turn the bass down two levels on on the head unit. Highly recommend getting your front doors sound deadened with Dynamat. Really happy with my system now!
    Hi TDiJetta09. Have just looked up Dynamat material on internet. Excellent material for reducing or eliminating false resonant points due to door metal area. (Get rid of metalic coluration)
    Rather surprised Golf does not already have similar material in door cavity.
    ANYWAY, how much did it cost to have installed? Any drama re removing door panels?
    MY13 Passat 130TDI Sedan. Autumn Brown Metalic, Desert Beige seats. Sat nav, Rev camera, Dynaudio, 12way adj seats. No ACC Previous Golf 118 TSI with ACC given to my son

Quote Originally Posted by Cossor View Post
    Hi TDiJetta09. Have just looked up Dynamat material on internet. Excellent material for reducing or eliminating false resonant points due to door metal area. (Get rid of metalic coluration)
    Rather surprised Golf does not already have similar material in door cavity.
    ANYWAY, how much did it cost to have installed? Any drama re removing door panels?
    Hi. Yeah its great stuff. Made a big difference in bass and volume on my system. The dynamat was $39 a sheet(850mm x 530mm) i used 2. I was charged $110 to have it installed and to put some foam on bottom edge of door card to stop it rattling. I think the door cards come off easy.
    MY20 Golf GTI TCR
    MY20.5 LR Defender P400 HSE

I'm picking up a Mk6 GTI without Dynaudio thou but thinking of maybe getting just a 12" sub with a monoblock amp, would that work by any chance since the headunit or whatever u wanna call it is touch screen, oh and does the headunit have the option of controlling the sub level of output on the screen??

Users Country Flag
    Awesome looking set up G-Rid. I'm thinking of trying to do something similar if it doesn't cost too much and doesn't intrude to much into the trunk. Especially considering the reduced trunk space in the R. As a rough estimate what type of price would I be looking at to get the stealbox installation such as yours (minus the speaker hardware etc)?
    United Grey R: All the accessories (leather, not Recaro's though), S2P paddles, Kuftech DVD in motion. Carbon grill, mirrors and diffuser awaiting to be fitted.

Quote Originally Posted by xrayshaggy View Post
    Awesome looking set up G-Rid. I'm thinking of trying to do something similar if it doesn't cost too much and doesn't intrude to much into the trunk. Especially considering the reduced trunk space in the R. As a rough estimate what type of price would I be looking at to get the stealbox installation such as yours (minus the speaker hardware etc)?
    Thanks it's a very good solution and leaves almost all your boot free.

The stealthbox cost $1000 with the 10" sub (the sub alone is $479). I'd get a quote from Phatt Audio Concepts in Melb as deancorp got a similar one made there for his 8" setup.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by G-rig View Post
    Thanks it's a very good solution and leaves almost all your boot free.

The stealthbox cost $1000 with the 10" sub (the sub alone is $479). I'd get a quote from Phatt Audio Concepts in Melb as deancorp got a similar one made there for his 8" setup.
    Cheers. Phat audio do seem to be people tpo see in Melbourne. Don't want to go overboard so I was thinking along the lines of subwooofer and some dynamat to compliment the Dynaudio. I know it won't be up to the standard of a full custom install system, but hopefully adequate.
    United Grey R: All the accessories (leather, not Recaro's though), S2P paddles, Kuftech DVD in motion. Carbon grill, mirrors and diffuser awaiting to be fitted.

You could always get an off the floor box for $100 to keep the cost down, depends how much boot space you want to keep available.

Users Country Flag
    Not sure how keen the OP is still, but my favourite subs of all time, the W6's from JL Audio. Have used them a few times and recommended them to a few people. Cant go wrong. work well sealed and just an 8inch will complement the Dynaudio well.

10 inch if you want to turn it up a notch.
    2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

2017 MY17 TIGUAN HIGHLINE - 5DR | DSG | PEARL BLACK | SUNROOF + DAP |

Quote Originally Posted by GTI4fun View Post
    I'm picking up a Mk6 GTI without Dynaudio thou but thinking of maybe getting just a 12" sub with a monoblock amp, would that work by any chance since the headunit or whatever u wanna call it is touch screen, oh and does the headunit have the option of controlling the sub level of output on the screen??
    ive researched this and asked a few installers. my upgrade path for my gti is boston acoustics pro60se for the fronts, leave the rears stock, use my jl audio bass tube that ive used for a few years and put in the rear seat footwell. ill run the fronts actively with a 5 channel boston acoustics gt1005 and the last channel will power the sub while the hu will run the rears.
    i can get all these components landed to me for about aud$700.
    to run these off the stock HU, u need a line out converter (LOC), these cost less than $100 for basic ones, or u can buy a sound processor, im looking at the alpine pxe h660, its about $300 landed and allows full eq control, a nice bit of kit actually for people that want to retain the stock HU.
    this package will run me about the same as what the dynaudio option would have been, but im pretty sure its much better, plus it utilises all the stock locations.
    my only issue is mounting the amp and the processor (under the seat). the amp is about 50cm, so i might have to think of somewhere

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12