Support VWWC

Thread: Glitchy 2016 Golf infotainment touch screen

Users Country Flag

Glitchy 2016 Golf infotainment touch screen

Hi all,

Picked up a 2016 Golf over the weekend. Loving the TDI and DSG for my 90km trip to work!

Anyway, Trip to work this morning was fine. Touchscreen and menu's worked as they should. Start the car for the trip home and the screen that displays your cars fuel economy, avg speed etc was unresponsive and flickering between another tab. The Navigation was doing the same thing, most physical buttons around the outside of the unit weren't working or took ages to do anything.

Tried powering down the car and restarting - no change.
    Turn unit off and on - no change.
    Radio and Bluetooth phone connection were working fine - if selected through the steering wheel as touch screen was useless.

Parked car when i got home and left it for 15-20min, tried it again and it loaded up no problems. everything normal.
    I googled and did do the reset by holding down the power button for 10 seconds for good measure.

Is this glitchy behavior been seen before and is there a fix, recall or something else that can be done to sort it out?

Thanks,
    Brendan.

Users Country Flag

There are some firmware updates available depending on the unit (there are multiple manufacturers and models).
    If you long press on the menu button and then go to the version information you will get the installed software version number.
    Post that and then we can go from there.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500