Thread: Need help connecting Canbus decoder to Android Radio

Users Country Flag

Need help connecting Canbus decoder to Android Radio

Hey guys,
    I need some help!

I recently upgraded my Amarok steering wheel to an MFSW from a Jetta (same exact wheel, just with button) I connected the 2 repair wires, illumination works as well as MFD buttons, but nothing on the left side to control radio. Coding was also done in OBD11

I replaced the single din radio ages ago with a double din Android radio and had a canbus decoder in the box I never hooked up, so I attempted it (with the limited info on the web) this weekend, with no luck.

From what I could read on the net, I should not connect the red ACC+ wires, but if I do this, the radio does not come on.
    I connected the CAN wires to the only other connectors that fit (Green B0, B1 and B2) and nothing (Radio comes on if I leave ACC connected, but canbus not working. I connected CAN to ACC, but headunit doesn't come on.

Here are some pics I took of the additional connector that came with the unit and the canbus decorder. This connector doesn't include the B0, B1 and B2 wires, but connector does not fit my car.

I have set the canbus protocol on the radio as well

I hope someone can assist

The canbus decoder. It's a raise RZ8

Need help connecting Canbus decoder to Android Radio-20231001_204451-jpg

The additional harness that doesn't fit my vehicle. The only difference I can see is that there are 3 green wire pairs on mine B0, B1 and B2. No idea what they do and can't find any info on it.

Need help connecting Canbus decoder to Android Radio-20231001_204523-jpg

The red/pink pair. The label says "To install no CANBUS connection" When disconnected, there's no power to the headunit

Need help connecting Canbus decoder to Android Radio-20231001_204648-jpg

This green wire looks to be the only connector that goes from the CANBUS decoder plug to the main harness.

Need help connecting Canbus decoder to Android Radio-20231001_204955-jpg

I forgot to mention, there are 2 blue Steering control wires that are terminated, but no idea where they go or how to use them

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have spent far to much money just to get steering wheel controls

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I found this image online of what my connectors look like. This is the same one that suggested disconnecting ACC+

https://i.imgur.com/zaOgXEp.jpeg