Page 107 of 111 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1104

Thread: Firmware updates for RNS510 units in Australia/NZ

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Install 5238

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Update from SW-Version 2680 > 5238 I assume?
    Do you know of any guide or where I can obtain this software?

Cheers.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Have you maybe read the first post?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Hi everyone,
    I have a 2013 VW Passat. One day, the language on the RNS 510 turned to German and the sound is gone. The system looks fine, but there is no sound from the speakers. When I try to change the language back to English, the system gets stuck. I also tried the basic things like reset and battery release but didnt work. Please help.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sheekat View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I have a 2013 VW Passat. One day, the language on the RNS 510 turned to German and the sound is gone. The system looks fine, but there is no sound from the speakers. When I try to change the language back to English, the system gets stuck. I also tried the basic things like reset and battery release but didnt work. Please help.
    GOOGLE Regensburg syndrome or/and read this

RNS 510 points to Germany on cold start everytime

A bit naughty to multipost same thing across different forums
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 14-09-2021 at 04:11 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Hey guys,

Does anyone have a 6270 or 6276 FW with hdd format and re-partitioning?

I have a unit with new SSD, which had 6270 FW originally, but the problem is that software downgrade is not turned on, so I cannot install any older FW than 6270. And any 6270 or 6276 version that I can find is failing on HDD 6% error writing file.

As I went to Software update menu and my updates failed, so I cannot get my unit to work now. Driving in silence is nuts.

Can anyone help, please?

Users Country Flag
    Hi everyone,
    I think I have the exactly same thing happened to my 2012 Tiguan , the firmware was corrupted and you'll need to reload the firmware and map. I had my RNS510 back to working order after reloading the firmware and map.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by someon3 View Post
    I think I have the exactly same thing happened to my 2012 Tiguan , the firmware was corrupted and you'll need to reload the firmware and map. I had my RNS510 back to working order after reloading the firmware and map.
    Read reply 1064

Users Country Flag
    Hi everyone,
    I have a 2013 VW Passat. One day, the language on the RNS 510 turned to German and the sound is gone. The system looks fine, but there is no sound from the speakers. When I try to change the language back to English, the system gets stuck. I also tried the basic things like reset and battery release but didn't work. Please help.
    Three days ago my 2012 Skoda Octavia 118Tsi did the same thing! It was working perfectly one day and then the next day on starting the car the display went black and showed the message 'SWL error, Initialising.....please wait' then nothing happened for a long time. Finally it switched to German, cleared the radio of all preset stations , lost all sound and then got stuck when I tried to set it back to English.

From reading this forum it seems the solution is reloading the firmware and map. I am clueless and don't have any of the equipment such as a burner etc so I've booked the car in at my local Skoda dealer to do it. (Skoda Artarmon in Sydney).

My questions are

1. Any idea as to how much is this likely to cost?

2. What firmware etc should I have installed for the most reliable performance going forward? Should I get the same firmware version reloaded again or is there a better more stable version available now that would prevent this happening again?

3. If the maps also have to be reloaded, I might as well get the latest version compatible with my unit, what would be the most up to date version that will work with my unit once it has been repaired? Currently I have 7679.

The hidden menu on my car currently shows the following:

Delivery part number 3T0035680B
    HW-Version H55
    SW-Version 3984
    Active map coverage Australia + New Zealand
    Active map supplier Sensis
    Map version HDD 7679

Thanks to all in advance.
    Last edited by Villageidiot; 15-10-2022 at 08:14 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Villageidiot View Post
    Three days ago my 2012 Skoda Octavia 118Tsi did the same thing! It was working perfectly one day and then the next day on starting the car the display went black and showed the message 'SWL error, Initialising.....please wait' then nothing happened for a long time. Finally it switched to German, cleared the radio of all preset stations , lost all sound and then got stuck when I tried to set it back to English.

From reading this forum it seems the solution is reloading the firmware and map. I am clueless and don't have any of the equipment such as a burner etc so I've booked the car in at my local Skoda dealer to do it. (Skoda Artarmon in Sydney).

My questions are

1. Any idea as to how much is this likely to cost?

2. What firmware etc should I have installed for the most reliable performance going forward? Should I get the same firmware version reloaded again or is there a better more stable version available now that would prevent this happening again?

3. If the maps also have to be reloaded, I might as well get the latest version compatible with my unit, what would be the most up to date version that will work with my unit once it has been repaired? Currently I have 7679.

The hidden menu on my car currently shows the following:

Delivery part number 3T0035680B
    HW-Version H55
    SW-Version 3984
    Active map coverage Australia + New Zealand
    Active map supplier Sensis
    Map version HDD 7679

Thanks to all in advance.
    Latest map is V10 and only place Ive seen it for sale is Euro Car Performance upgrades - ECU remaps - Navigation - Bluetooth - Latest Australia GPS maps - Auto electrics and is $175

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Thank you, I'll ask my Skoda Service Centre if they have it too. Any ideas as to which firmware I should get to avoid /minimize the chances of any future reliability issues?

Page 107 of 111 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast