Support VWWC

Page 104 of 111 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1104

Thread: Firmware updates for RNS510 units in Australia/NZ

Can I put this 5238 sw from Kamold for car in Europe

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sijalica View Post
    Can I put this 5238 sw from Kamold for car in Europe
    No, as it will not leave enough space for EU maps.
    Au maps are only 800MB.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Just used this thread to recover from corrupted firmware - RNS reverted to German. Huge thank you to kamold for the excellent and detailed instructions!
    2011 MY12 RS Magic Black liftback. Bit of bling and a massive grin.

Users Country Flag
    Good Morning im looking for some help to sort out my. RNS510 fitted in my VW CC 2013 the issue is that every time I get in to the car the unit reboots the specs are
    Delivery Part Number 1T0035680L
    HW-Version H09
    Software Version 5238
    map Version 8207
    any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Try reloading firmware 5238.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag

Thumbs up Another RNS510 saved, Thanks Kamold

Thanks Kamold for the amazing guide, it brought my RNS510 with corrupted firmware back to life. It started displaying in German, can't load English, Bluetooth and Radio went belly up.

Just a little bit of extra info for any one interested,

My unit details (press and hold Setup button gave me this):
    Delivery part number 1T0 035 680 D
    HW Version H64
    SW Version 4020
    Active map coverage Aus + Nz
    Active map supplier Sensis
    Map version HDD 7679

ISO that was used:
    AU_FW_5238_90_5_5.iso (md5sum: 7dec0ec7c42fdb0b659c9046661054a0)
    V7_nav.iso (md5sum: 40143db89e84fd47ccd920bca83ad881) (link from Touareg forum, just google for RNS510 V7 AU map)

They were burnt with a slim DVD writer and using TDK DVD-R using Imgburn at 3x (please read media capability before burning, mine was saying 3x is the lowest possible speed). I select TAO (Track-at-once) but log was saying disc was burn with Disc-at-once mode.

However, verifying disk pass and update went successfully from the first go.

Thanks again so much for the guide.

Users Country Flag
    I'm having trouble with this. My RNS510 is in a boot loop showing the VW logo then switching off after 15-20 seconds. I can also hear it trying to spin up the CD drive every 45 seconds or so.

I've tried following the steps in this thread, and get as far as seeing red lines at the top of bottom after holding Eject + i + Setup, and it says "THE SYSTEM IS NOT ABLE TO START UP" and "PLEASE INSERT SWL-CD". I insert the burnt CD at this point but the unit switches off after a few seconds as usual. If I keep holding down the buttons, the buttons on the unit will flash every 10 seconds or so but nothing comes up on the screen.

Does this mean the disc hasn't been burned correctly or does it point to further faults with the unit?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdoofus View Post
    I'm having trouble with this. My RNS510 is in a boot loop showing the VW logo then switching off after 15-20 seconds. I can also hear it trying to spin up the CD drive every 45 seconds or so.

I've tried following the steps in this thread, and get as far as seeing red lines at the top of bottom after holding Eject + i + Setup, and it says "THE SYSTEM IS NOT ABLE TO START UP" and "PLEASE INSERT SWL-CD". I insert the burnt CD at this point but the unit switches off after a few seconds as usual. If I keep holding down the buttons, the buttons on the unit will flash every 10 seconds or so but nothing comes up on the screen.

Does this mean the disc hasn't been burned correctly or does it point to further faults with the unit?
    What version and firmware

What is the version of the maps you are trying to load and how did you write it and at what speed
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 30-04-2021 at 01:55 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    What version and firmware

What is the pirated version of the maps you are trying to load and how did you write it and at what speed
    It's the 1T0035680B and I'm trying to load AU_FW_5238_90_5_5.iso.

Here's the best I can get out of the unit:
    * Hold Eject + i + Setup and turn unit on
    * Red bars with "THE SYSTEM IS NOT ABLE TO START UP" and "PLEASE INSERT SWL-CD" are shown
    * Insert CD/DVD (I have tried both, burned CD at 10x and DVD at 4x, the slowest I could do)
    * System will shut down a few seconds later (but sounds like the drive is still accessing the disc afterwards, nothing shown on screen)

I don't have any maps at this point in time. My plan was to get the firmware installed and then try to get V8 from a dealership. I'm selling the car soon so don't want to invest too much cash into it.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mcdoofus View Post
    It's the 1T0035680B and I'm trying to load AU_FW_5238_90_5_5.iso.

Here's the best I can get out of the unit:
    * Hold Eject + i + Setup and turn unit on
    * Red bars with "THE SYSTEM IS NOT ABLE TO START UP" and "PLEASE INSERT SWL-CD" are shown
    * Insert CD/DVD (I have tried both, burned CD at 10x and DVD at 4x, the slowest I could do)
    * System will shut down a few seconds later (but sounds like the drive is still accessing the disc afterwards, nothing shown on screen)

I don't have any maps at this point in time. My plan was to get the firmware installed and then try to get V8 from a dealership. I'm selling the car soon so don't want to invest too much cash into it.
    Where are you in QLD I have a V8 sitting in a drawer.

Kamold will come along and help you i guess
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 104 of 111 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast