Page 92 of 111 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware updates for RNS510 units in Australia/NZ

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Are you using a non-zero workshop code?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Yep I've tried that as well. 12345 123 12345
    Current: 2007 Black Magic GTI - APR Stage 2, Carbonio intake, APR downpipe and catback exhaust, RNS510, Bi-Xenons, Custom Red Leather Interior, Tow Bar, Racks and Parking Sensors
    Previous: Absolute Red 2000 S3 8L - Stage 1 Custom Code
    Previous: 1997 Black Magic VR6 - CX Racings, BFI Stealthlines, Chipped ECU, Genie Extractors, Thule 404s, Fairing, Suitcase delete with hotdog.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Try putting in this string and saving, then go back and edit the coding bytes using long coding as appropriate for your car:

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Try putting in this string and saving, then go back and edit the coding bytes using long coding as appropriate for your car:

You are a legend! Thanks so much
    Current: 2007 Black Magic GTI - APR Stage 2, Carbonio intake, APR downpipe and catback exhaust, RNS510, Bi-Xenons, Custom Red Leather Interior, Tow Bar, Racks and Parking Sensors
    Previous: Absolute Red 2000 S3 8L - Stage 1 Custom Code
    Previous: 1997 Black Magic VR6 - CX Racings, BFI Stealthlines, Chipped ECU, Genie Extractors, Thule 404s, Fairing, Suitcase delete with hotdog.

Quote Originally Posted by mb1907953 View Post
    You are a legend! Thanks so much
    I do what I can...
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Dear all

Requesting any assistance. I have searched far and wide but to no avail.

I have recently got my hands on an RNS 510 (1T0 035 686F) HW H30 and SW 6270. I have since upgraded the firmware to 6276.

I have a spare 512GB SSD lying around so am thinking of installing that, replacing it with my current 40GB SSD.

The question is - is there any SW 6276 with custom partitions and if so, can someone please point me in the right direction for how to go about obtaining it (or instructions on how to go about creating my own ISO)?

From what I can see, all of the firmware that has custom partitions seem to be 5XXX or earlier. I can't seem to find any for 6276. Or does this not exist and I need to live with a 256GB partition for maps?

Am located in Australia.

Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by joecool View Post
    I have a spare 512GB SSD lying around so am thinking of installing that, replacing it with my current 40GB SSD.
    I believe that the disk interface is PATA, not SATA, so you might need to check the compatibility of your disk. Apart from that, I recall that there is a tutorial/guide on how to do the disk upgrade somewhere on this forum, so you should search for that.
    Last edited by arcadelt; 15-05-2017 at 09:29 PM.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

I haven't actually pulled my current RNS unit apart (same as the above post from @joecool) however I don't believe that the SSD in these units has a SATA interface. I'm pretty sure it is a NAND flash device soldered straight onto the board.

So unless you've got the mad solder skillz and can replace 144pin TFBGA packages you're stuck with the small device they've decided to stick on it...

Users Country Flag
    I see. Thanks arcadelt and kamold. I mostly listen to talkback radio anyway....
    .:R32 - because it's all about cubic inches.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by joecool View Post
    I see. Thanks arcadelt and kamold. I mostly listen to talkback radio anyway....
    Me too (ABC RN); but don't be disheartened. You could always get the MDI kit and an old iPod Classic and then you would have 160GB of storage (or more if you custom upgrade it - I have one with 512GB on board), or the appropriate bluetooth module and then stream from your smartphone to your heart's content. Personally, I use an iPhone and anything that I can play on that can be streamed to the RNS-510.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Has anyone found bugs in the 5238 firmware?
    - I find that when I start the car the radio sometimes forgets what station I was last tuned into and reverts to whatever the first station it finds in the FM band, in Melbourne it's 89.9Mhz Light Christian Music *groan*.
    - GPS takes forever to get an accurate fix on you, usually at least 5 mins before the navigation can start directing you properly, before that the GPS shows my location as been blocks away from where I am.

Page 92 of 111 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast