Page 91 of 111 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware updates for RNS510 units in Australia/NZ

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    I would replace the gateway so that you can use current firmware.
    But that's me.
    You can get a gateway from online sellers that will have it already correctly coded for you if you don't want to use VCDS or OBDEleven etc to configure it.
    Thanks mate, I may go down that route at some point, although my gti is 07, so does that mean its a PITA to get to the CANBUS?

And trying to figure out which CAN BUS i can get away with - would a 1K0 907 530 S be sufficient?
    Current: 2007 Black Magic GTI - APR Stage 2, Carbonio intake, APR downpipe and catback exhaust, RNS510, Bi-Xenons, Custom Red Leather Interior, Tow Bar, Racks and Parking Sensors
    Previous: Absolute Red 2000 S3 8L - Stage 1 Custom Code
    Previous: 1997 Black Magic VR6 - CX Racings, BFI Stealthlines, Chipped ECU, Genie Extractors, Thule 404s, Fairing, Suitcase delete with hotdog.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    You can just get the newest 7N0 gateways they are probably cheapest.
    The location is a bit of a pain but once you know where it is probably only takes 15 minutes.
    Last time I did one I just took the bottom cover off the footwell, then removed the upper relay carrier to push it out of the way and you can then see the gateway up towards the firewall. It unclips and you can disconnect the cable.
    Some people come in from the engine bay by removing the rain tray but I think this would take longer.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    You can just get the newest 7N0 gateways they are probably cheapest.
    The location is a bit of a pain but once you know where it is probably only takes 15 minutes.
    Last time I did one I just took the bottom cover off the footwell, then removed the upper relay carrier to push it out of the way and you can then see the gateway up towards the firewall. It unclips and you can disconnect the cable.
    Some people come in from the engine bay by removing the rain tray but I think this would take longer.
    Thanks Kamold.

So even with 1300 firmware, the RNS510 seems to be refusing to shut down. I have the multimeter sitting in line in the fuse plug and after a night locked and off, it is still drawing 1.88amps.

Is there something I am missing? Perhaps coding of the old CANBUS H revision?

Anyone got any ideas?
    Current: 2007 Black Magic GTI - APR Stage 2, Carbonio intake, APR downpipe and catback exhaust, RNS510, Bi-Xenons, Custom Red Leather Interior, Tow Bar, Racks and Parking Sensors
    Previous: 1997 Black Magic VR6 - CX Racings, BFI Stealthlines, Chipped ECU, Genie Extractors, Thule 404s, Fairing, Suitcase delete with hotdog.

First thing to do is upgrade the gateway, then you can run current firmware on your RNS.

If you can find someone with access to ODIS-E (engineering) they can upgrade your gateway to software version 0178 which will resolve this.
    Otherwise you just need to physically replace the gateway with a new one that already has new software loaded on it.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    First thing to do is upgrade the gateway, then you can run current firmware on your RNS.

If you can find someone with access to ODIS-E (engineering) they can upgrade your gateway to software version 0178 which will resolve this.
    Otherwise you just need to physically replace the gateway with a new one that already has new software loaded on it.

Gateway upgraded! $20 from the wrecker - told them it was a relay haha. Seems to have immediately solved battery drain!

Quote Originally Posted by mb1907953 View Post
    Gateway upgraded! $20 from the wrecker - told them it was a relay haha. Seems to have immediately solved battery drain!
    Good result
    It is kind of a network relay...it's not a TOTAL fabrication...

Users Country Flag
    Hi Again Kamold,

Going to call again on your expertise - I am trying to code the bloody thing and I keep getting Error 31: Request out of range. I have tried to change the coding from 9 bytes to 10 bytes, and then back, but it just wont accept either.

Any other ideas?

Trying to code the gateway?
    What is the pn and SW version on it?
    What exactly are you trying to change?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Trying to code the gateway?
    What is the pn and SW version on it?
    What exactly are you trying to change?

Sorry - trying to code the RNS-510! Im trying to just code in the active speakers and change the display style to a different colour code (highline).

It's currently coded as all zeros (00000000000000000000) and wont accept any code I put in!

EDIT: Updated to 5238.

HW04 unit

1T0035680L is the part number coming up, although it was originally an A before update.

Are you using a non-zero workshop code?

Page 91 of 111 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast