Page 52 of 111 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware updates for RNS510 units in Australia/NZ

Users Country Flag

Thanks for the reply, looks like I will stick with SW5238 and the live traffic app.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire 76 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, looks like I will stick with SW5238 and the live traffic app.
    Read reply 497 about running 5238
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    SW 5238 was preinstalled in my car by VW, but I don't think it has either a working Digital or TMC Tuner on board.
    2020 Golf R Wagon.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    SW 5238 was preinstalled in my car by VW, but I don't think it has either a working Digital or TMC Tuner on board.
    It definately won't have a dab tuner. TMC is transmitted over fm. So you have the hardware, but we don't have the decryption key installed to be able to use the service that is provided in Australia only on a licensed basis.
    VWA choose not to pay SuNa for this service, so we cannot use it
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Disappointing that you have the TMC hardware but can't use it because VWA won't pay the licence fee.
    I will not buy V7 maps unless they include the Suna licence fee, so it looks like I won't be buying it.
    Hopefully will it be included in V8 maps?
    I hope so VWA.
    2020 Golf R Wagon.

Users Country Flag
    Hopefully will it be included in V8 maps?
    I wouldn't count on it. I would suggest that it will never be offered. (on the RNS 510 or similar)

More likely in future Dash units options such as Google traffic will be considered, just not anytime soon.
    2009 Passat CC TDI - With everything minus reverse camera

I'm trying to put an H60 Skoda Columbus in my 2008 Octavia (it has an upgraded Canbus gateway). All seems to work ok, except the steering wheel buttons aren't working. I saw mention of this issue for the 28xx series firmware here

Volkswagen RNS 510 Firmware Upgrade to version 2680 / 2682 / 2684 / 2686 / 2688 | my-gti.com

and there's a fix (below)

Note! Skoda owners

Extract files PQTABLE and SKTABLE from image (use magiciso or ultraiso). Files can be found from path: \VUCI\B101\RNSMIDEC\PROG
    Switch the filenames by just renaming SKTABLE to PQTABLE and vice versa
    Overwrite the renamed files back to image and save the image. Burn this image to DVD or CD.
    Load or reload the Firmware to your RNS-510 using the steps below.
    Voilá… buttons are back!

Has this issue been fixed with the 4120 firmware? Or do I need to swap those files around to fix my steering wheel?
    2008 Skoda Octavia Elegance TDI 4x4 wagon
    Bluefin 132Kw/385Nm, Racechips Response Control, Haldex Performance controller, H&R anti roll bars, Koni FSD shocks, SuperPro control arms & ball joints, subframe & gearshift mods, Full Dynamat interior, Polk Audio sound, Columbus, Bluetooth, MDI, parking sensors, camera. BBS SR 18x8" w/ 225/40xR18. 3M Crystalline tint.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    You will need to swap the tables as before.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Did you go in with VCDS & change the "short button press on steering wheel option"?? That's sometimes an issue
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Well 88gger me. I've been puzzling over that for days going mad looking in VCDS changing and trying all sorts of things. Making that change fixed it. Why isn't that bug still mentioned in the firmware download post? Looks like we need a VW download and a Skoda download (and Audi & Seat?).
    2008 Skoda Octavia Elegance TDI 4x4 wagon
    Bluefin 132Kw/385Nm, Racechips Response Control, Haldex Performance controller, H&R anti roll bars, Koni FSD shocks, SuperPro control arms & ball joints, subframe & gearshift mods, Full Dynamat interior, Polk Audio sound, Columbus, Bluetooth, MDI, parking sensors, camera. BBS SR 18x8" w/ 225/40xR18. 3M Crystalline tint.

Page 52 of 111 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast