Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amarok Headunit upgrade

Amarok Headunit upgrade

My head unit touch screen is starting to play up so wondering what options I have for a factory upgrade. I have a 2018 V6 Dark Label. Would it be the RCD330? Not sure what my factory model number is currently. I would really like it to be just plug and play as I don't know anything about coding if that is required.

Users Country Flag
    The newer Amarok (2020+) now coming with Discover Media, which is probably your best OEM option.

If you upload a picture of your current unit we should be able to identify it.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

This is what I have
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amarok Headunit upgrade-20221010_150018_resized-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    That's a Discover Media. It's the top spec and a very good unit.
    I have some repaired screens coming in in a week or two. Can either send you the screen or you can send me the unit to swap it.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

It's weird that is has only happened since getting turbo and tune. very random and this morning screen was blank but everything working sound wise. Did the soft reset and all came back good.

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    That's a Discover Media. It's the top spec and a very good unit.
    I have some repaired screens coming in in a week or two. Can either send you the screen or you can send me the unit to swap it.
    Thanks Kamold. Things seem to be getting worse, rather than maybe repair as I assume would probably $400ish to replace screen, wondering if better option is to go after market. What are the best aftermarket android style ones to go.
    I found these
    Volkswagen Amarok Head Unit 2016-2022 - VHEDIA
    and I know some Jeep guys with the Teyes ones but they seem to be a bit finicky.

Any opinions would be appreciated. I would prefer quality and plug and play

Users Country Flag
    I've got the same head unit with the same touch screen issue. 2018 Sportline.

Users Country Flag

Amarok head unit upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Dinogzav View Post
    Thanks Kamold. Things seem to be getting worse, rather than maybe repair as I assume would probably $400ish to replace screen, wondering if better option is to go after market. What are the best aftermarket android style ones to go.
    I found these
    Volkswagen Amarok Head Unit 2016-2022 - VHEDIA
    and I know some Jeep guys with the Teyes ones but they seem to be a bit finicky.

Any opinions would be appreciated. I would prefer quality and plug and play

How did you go mate, did you end up with the Vhedia unit?

Users Country Flag
    Would this unit fit on an older Amarok with a RCD510?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MIG View Post
    The newer Amarok (2020+) now coming with Discover Media, which is probably your best OEM option.

If you upload a picture of your current unit we should be able to identify it.
    Would this unit fit on an older Amarok with a RCD510?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast