Support VWWC

Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware updates for RNS510 units in Australia/NZ

Users Country Flag

Does anyone know if I can do a direct upgrade from SW/FW 1024 to one of these, or will I need to do a gradual first? Unit is a 1Z0035680A which I believe if upgraded would become a 3T0035680B afterwards.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    First I've heard of it. You could force a downgrade to 26xx and then upgrade again to 402x which would repartition to two and then again to three.
    Ah yes, makes sense that it wouldn't re-partition a hdd which already has the 3 sections. I'm not too fussed as i'm getting a SSD in a few weeks so I'll sort it out then. Just a note for people to check their capacity to make sure it's gone through.
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindros View Post
    Does anyone know if I can do a direct upgrade from SW/FW 1024 to one of these, or will I need to do a gradual first? Unit is a 1Z0035680A which I believe if upgraded would become a 3T0035680B afterwards.
    I'd suggest to do an incremental upgrade. The A unit can be a bit nervous about jumping too far ahead of itself.

Also...3810 is the highest FW you will be able to do, but map upgrades will go on ad infinitum.
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by readerr0r View Post
    Ah yes, makes sense that it wouldn't re-partition a hdd which already has the 3 sections. I'm not too fussed as i'm getting a SSD in a few weeks so I'll sort it out then. Just a note for people to check their capacity to make sure it's gone through.
    The hdd partitioning is done by a script that checks both the number and ratios of the partitions. Hence why we are able to modify it to change the sizes. Something has been skipped or otherwise didn't work in your case.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by jamerson View Post
    Thank you for support
    please find the info,
    i managed to add the music to the HDD now, the only problem is the POI are gone when i try to add them it says wait please
    probably because is still copying the MAP?
    i am sorry but somehow you guys jumped my question,
    can someone please advise? my POI are gone, can i import them? the map is still copying to the HDD, how long does this process takes? can i copy the POI on the same time that the map is copying?

Support Status : HDD supported
    Tempstatus : Degraded
    Power Status : ok
    TEmpstatus : --
    HDD read size 30005821440
    Number of partition = 3 Partition
    Volfile system = filesystem_f..
    Volumsite- 26977769928
    Remaine size = 26977751040
    Firmware version = F4rjas03
    Model = Hitachi HEJ425030

can someone please advise? my POI are gone, can i import them? the map is still copying to the HDD, how long does this process takes? can i copy the POI on the same time that the map is copying?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jamerson View Post
    when you say "Still copying to the HDD"...can you elaborate please? How do you know this? Have you tried to eject the disc, and there is a notice saying that this will interrupt/cancel the map loading process?

Have you tried to go for a drive while the map is loading (helps the GPS to set itself up and establish correct position).

Map loading (with good GPS reception) should take no more than 20 minutes. I wouldn't try uploading Personal POIs until you can establish that the map is loaded to the HDD.
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

Quote Originally Posted by FJ Steve View Post
    when you say "Still copying to the HDD"...can you elaborate please? How do you know this? Have you tried to eject the disc, and there is a notice saying that this will interrupt/cancel the map loading process?

Have you tried to go for a drive while the map is loading (helps the GPS to set itself up and establish correct position).

Map loading (with good GPS reception) should take no more than 20 minutes. I wouldn't try uploading Personal POIs until you can establish that the map is loaded to the HDD.
    thank you so much for the answer,
    yes my Map is still loading ( Westen Europe Map ) , GPs is fine 10/12 Sat,
    when i tried to eject the DVD its warned me the map is on the process and i will break the process,
    so i will have to wait untill all is finished,

Maybe your map data is bigger and will take longer to copy, assuming there is enough HDD space.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    Maybe your map data is bigger and will take longer to copy, assuming there is enough HDD space.
    Bazinga...just realised he is from Germany. Yep...the Europe maps are so big, they issue an East and a West edition.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FJ Steve View Post
    I'd suggest to do an incremental upgrade. The A unit can be a bit nervous about jumping too far ahead of itself.

Also...3810 is the highest FW you will be able to do, but map upgrades will go on ad infinitum.
    Why only 3810 for FW? Is it is just a tad too old to upgrade too far? The front list seems to say I may get away with 4xxx series.

Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast