Support VWWC

Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware updates for RNS510 units in Australia/NZ

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Did the HDD work prior to the firmware load?
    If it did, go into the hidden setup menu by holding down setup for 20 seconds.
    Then get the HDD information and post here, may get a better idea of what the issue may be.
    thank for the continu support,
    when i go to the secret menu there isnt any info about the HDD, just the HW info and map info,
    the HDD always worked fine had like 7 GB music on it,

HW= H02
    SW= 3810
    Part = 1T0035680D

note my device is originel B

waiting for your reply
    Last edited by jamerson; 09-04-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Keep holding down the setup button until you get a new menu with many more options.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Keep holding down the setup button until you get a new menu with many more options.
    Thank you for support
    please find the info,
    i managed to add the music to the HDD now, the only problem is the POI are gone when i try to add them it says wait please
    probably because is still copying the MAP?

Support Status : HDD supported
    Tempstatus : Degraded
    Power Status : ok
    TEmpstatus : --
    HDD read size 30005821440
    Number of partition = 3 Partition
    Volfile system = filesystem_f..
    Volumsite- 26977769928
    Remaine size = 26977751040
    Firmware version = F4rjas03
    Model = Hitachi HEJ425030
    Last edited by jamerson; 09-04-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Users Country Flag
    I played the game today too and it really did take about an hour for the firmware upgrade:

and finally... Done!

I did have the system upgraded when I first got it and must have had a 90/5/5 split because it seems that my maps and POI's are still there (I have an iPod for music).

What was a little strange was that when the system came back up I had a blank map screen (just the little red arrow) and nothing else. To be fair the system was showing 0 satellites so I backed it out but even with 2 satellites there was no map and trying to select a destination made the system say something along the lines of "no route for this destination".

Putting the map CD in didn't seem to prompt the install of new maps but a quick drive seemed to capture more satellites and the system started working. Mind you I had a moment when I went to eject the maps as the system said it would cancel guidance (it looked like it was using the disc rather than the HDD). Ejecting the disk did stop guidance but I was able to re-select the route again and it seemed to work fine... and like I said my POI's are still there. The real test will have to be a decent drive somewhere, will just have to make sure I through the map CD in the car on the off chance something is not quite right.

But yeah... done... So is there anything new/better in this release?

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Mine also took about 30 mins for the system to find satellites after the upgrade. Seems fine now though.
    2010 Candy White Golf GTI 5Dr. Manual, RNS-510, Bluetooth, Tints, GT-CX 18 Gloss Black Rims.

Users Country Flag
    I've noticed if you apply the 90/5/5 firmware to a normal system it won't actually re-partition it. Looks like you need to format the hdd first or have a new hdd.
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

You'll need to be more specific... What do you mean by 'normal'?
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    I did this update last week on a previously not updated (apart from maps) system, and it seems to have formatted the drive appropriately (as I lost my music and maps and pois).

Users Country Flag
    You'll need to be more specific... What do you mean by 'normal'?
    It was a H61 01.2012 with 40gb hdd, 3970 firmware and V4 Aus Maps. Firmware updated fine but I still had my maps afterwards. Checked HDD capacity and it was 18GB
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

First I've heard of it. You could force a downgrade to 26xx and then upgrade again to 402x which would repartition to two and then again to three.

Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast