Page 101 of 111 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1104

Thread: Firmware updates for RNS510 units in Australia/NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Suffolk View Post
    Thanks it works. Now need to find at latest maps? Only have V6.
    New firmware works great. Only problem I'm having is with the POI.

I didn't add any but after update I'm getting all petrol station, police station and hospitals marked on display. I went to navigation and removed them.

Everytime I turn the car on they always pop up. Do I need to hard reset the RNS?
    MY10 Tiguan 125TSI /APR Stage 2

Users Country Flag
    I recently purchased a 2014 NZ-new Skoda Superb II 3.6L V6 4WD DSG which appeared to have the original map. The details of the navigation unit are : Part # 3T0035680S, manufacture date 27/2/2014, HW H23, SW-version 6270, Sensis Aust-NZ maps version 7920. After a certain amount of pfaffing around the Auckland Skoda agent (Giltrap Skoda, Newmarket) has today done a map update (for NZ$80) which they say is 2018. Map version is now 8333. They say they borrowed the DVD from the supplier - presumably Skoda NZ.

I have maps 8333 which I believe is V9 and one of the last available?

But the SW version is only 3970, is there any real advantage of flashing the 5xxx and risking possible issues?

We do find that the unit sometimes (not always) takes longer to start, its random and the rear camera doesnt activate for 30 seconds sometimes.

I dont have the original maps DVD, as it was obviously flashed by the previous owner since the car is a 2012 and the 8333 maps are much later (2016?).

Users Country Flag
    All done, worked first go.
    Thanks kamold.

Used windows 10 file explorer to burn disc, very simple and no special settings needed.

I now have Bluetooth audio via a Bluetooth phone module 7P6035730K bought from carsystems.eu

Users Country Flag
    I bought a used 2014 Passat B7 wagon 6 months ago. The RNS510 seemed to be working properly when I bought from the Mazda dealer and slowly over the last 6 months it has been getting stuck looping on the startup screen and trying to reboot. Not all the time though. It seems to be getting worse as time goes on. Sometimes it takes 5secs, 5mins or 5hours to boot. Is this a firmware or hardware issue? It had been meticulously serviced at a VW dealer its whole life and all previous firmware updates would have been done there. I have tried the SWC recovery disc but it gets to the error screen and spits the disc out. Cautious about rolling firmware back and it didn't come with a maps disk at all. I just had my first service and my local Euro car 'expert' evaluated it and said it didn't come up with any errors when connected to their system. He seemed a bit vague when i started asking about firmware versions and maps though.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    RNS510:
    Part#:1T0035680T
    HW: H23
    SW: 6270
    Maps: 8207

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    There is no newer firmware available.
    Dealers never update anything unless there is a TPI which tells them to, or a customer complaints about something and there is an update which might fix that specific problem
    If it's under warranty from the dealer have them replace it.
    You can't use older firmware on that model.
    You can reload the current firmware which is worth a try if it's out of dealer warranty.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Kamold, it's a bit of a minefield with all the different firmware versions etc.
    They did note that they suggested replacing it on the service paperwork so that should help when I go back to the dealer. It came with a 12 month warranty. Wish me luck

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    With your unit that is the only version available, and would have been on there from factory.

Push for a replacement.
    If you don't have any luck then try reloading fw.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    In have a 2011 Tiguan with the RNS 510 and which I have found to be pretty slow to start up and sometimes to operate. My SW Version is 4120. Would a firmware upgrade help or would it be better to leave things as they are? I don't want to upgrade just for the sake of it. I have updated my maps to 2015 V8 and I believe the next version is the latest available. Is that correct.
    Cheers, Ray

Users Country Flag

I think 5328 is the latest but doesnt make all that much difference Latest map is V9 but almost no one has it because the price is $500+ and there will never be any more for that unit.
    Best save up and buy a newer unit for not much more than the map price
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 101 of 111 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast