Support VWWC

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: Firmware updates for European RNS510 units

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Formatting allows you to resize the partitions
    However to edit the script file you also need to generate a valid CRC or the unit will reject the update.
    There are a few pieces of software that can do this however I'm not sure if any of them are still available.
    I have setconfig which is no longer in active development.
    What sized partitions did you want?
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thank you for the reply,
    I would go for a larger map partition and I do not copy much music onto the HDD anymore. 40/50/10.

I downloaded a RNS510 format image file - 2760 all.nrg.
    Can I use 2760 when my RNS510 is on FW 6276 being a C14 unit?

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Formatting allows you to resize the partitions
    However to edit the script file you also need to generate a valid CRC or the unit will reject the update.
    There are a few pieces of software that can do this however I'm not sure if any of them are still available.
    I have setconfig which is no longer in active development.
    What sized partitions did you want?
    Hi kamold,

I had a look for the setconfig you mentioned. I could not find many links to it, but this seems to be for professional coders. Is this easy to use? Do still have access to it?
    Can I use FW 2760 to repartition my HDD? I found this in another thread on vwwatercooled.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I will try and have a look at this next week. Just a bit busy at the moment sorry.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Hi
    Could somebody upload somewhere fw 4120_fw_60_35_5.iso mentioned at 1st topic please? That link is dead.
    Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Hi...one thing I have noticed at 402x firmware is the unit seems even MORE picky about CDs.I never had any issues with mine in the past but after upgrade to 402x I had to use xpcdburner and track at once recording to get a custom boot screen CD to be accepted.

printed circuit board
    Last edited by AbelGill; 25-07-2019 at 05:50 AM.

Users Country Flag
    If you are in the UK then you'll need a large map partition.
    I have an upgrade for 6276, but with a small map partition (for Aus/NZ). I don't have access to my tools I need to build a new one at the moment, but there are firmware images available that will just do a format of the partitions, just may need to enable firmware downgrade.
    Let us know if you are still having problems and I'll try and sort something out for you.
    Hey kamold, do you still have the 6276 version with changed partition sizes?

Yes you can upgrade to 4020 for older units. This will not cause battery drain.

Then after you have upgraded your gateway you can upgrade to 5238.
    You can download it from here Loading...

There are only minor differences but it is the most stable and up to date firmware available.
    Hello everyone, i want to update my RNS-510 to 5238 Version but all links not working, anyone can post working links ? Thanks

Users Country Flag

I've been having a dig through my archives and only seem to have the Australian version of the firmware, Kamold may have some of the others floating around so I'll wait for him to chime in.

From what I understand, it makes very little (if any) difference to the operation of the device. Also, the RNS510 is getting on in years, and a modern drop-in that supports Android Auto/CarPlay like the RCD330+ is by far the quickest and easiest way to bring a little modern tech to older vehicles, albeit at a cost.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast