Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware updates for European RNS510 units

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

The ratio is 75% for music, 20% for maps and 5% for POI database.
    Size of each depends on hdd size.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    The ratio is 75% for music, 20% for maps and 5% for POI database.
    Size of each depends on hdd size.
    thank you mate,
    first ISO is ready i am working on the second one,

Nice one.
    If you can post the links I will update the guide to just include the ISOs rather than instructions for how to create them.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Nice one.
    If you can post the links I will update the guide to just include the ISOs rather than instructions for how to create them.
    created the ISO and burn it on CD,
    now its on the black screen,
    software download, source activated, searching for SWL,
    its like 2 hrs searching,
    probably because i am on the same firmware? i enabled downlgrand but still the same

any suggestions please?
    Last edited by jamerson; 14-04-2012 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamerson View Post
    created the ISO and burn it on CD,
    now its on the black screen,
    software download, source activated, searching for SWL,
    its like 2 hrs searching,
    probably because i am on the same firmware? i enabled downlgrand but still the same

any suggestions please?
    It is having trouble reading the disk. Try another disk. Burn at lowest speed.

It is having trouble reading the disk. Try another disk. Burn at lowest speed.
    do i need to downgrand first or not?
    i burned it at x8 and x4 speed,i lost like 20 CDs
    CD-R,
    i am already on the same firmware,
    Last edited by jamerson; 14-04-2012 at 06:56 AM.

You should not need to downgrade first, you just need to enable downgrade in the hidden menu.
    There may be a problem with the ISO that you have created.
    I will try and find some time later to make and upload the ISO..

You should not need to downgrade first, you just need to enable downgrade in the hidden menu.
    There may be a problem with the ISO that you have created.
    I will try and find some time later to make and upload the ISO..
    i used Daemon tool, i just deleted the file and replaced the one you uploaded for me and i saved the ISO,

One thing I have noticed at 402x firmware is the unit seems even MORE picky about CDs.
    I never had any issues with mine in the past but after upgrade to 402x I had to use xpcdburner and track at once recording to get a custom boot screen CD to be accepted.

Maybe its worth doing a downgrade to 276x first and then upgrade to 402x....

Users Country Flag

Is it the burner or the media or the application used to burn??

I burnt mine using disk utility on a Mac on max speed (24x in this case) and Verbatim media and it worked fine first time.

On a side note, For people using windows I highly recommend imgburn, it's free, simple and awesome!

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast