Thread: EVC throttle controller

Users Country Flag

EVC throttle controller

I guess this fits under electronics??? Anyway, I bought an EVC Ultimate9 throttle controller a few weeks ago for my Mk6 GTI and I can highly recommend it. Not only takes away the lag and doughy response, but seems to have improved how the DSG selects gears too. It's certainly not like a tune in terms of making more power, but it makes great use of the power that is there before getting anywhere near the kick down switch. I don't think I'll fork out for a tune but for $200 this was a great improvement over the stock pedal response. It has 9 ultimate settings and I started on U.9 when I first plugged it in and launched myself out of the carpark before I even knew what was happening. With mostly city driving in traffic, I've eased my way up to U.4. There's an adaptive mode too but I found it is too touchy for driving in traffic. Hasn't really affected fuel economy markedly even though I'm accelerating a bit harder at times than I was before. The extra 0.2 L/100 km (if that) is definitely worth it (still less than 8.0 L/100 km driving to work in Radelaide).

Users Country Flag
    I have these fitted to most of my cars and the results are all good !
    NA fg falcon - instant throttle response and improved gear changes smoother cruising
    3.6 CC - again instant throttle response and the dsg is smoother and crisper changed
    2.0 TDI Passat - faster spooling and instant torque with the improved DSG changing

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Neat one mate, thanks for sharing. The only thing I wish was that it was a bit gentler in reverse, lol.