Thread: Dynaudio subwoofer crossover frequency

Users Country Flag

Dynaudio subwoofer crossover frequency

I'm looking at replacing the spare wheel Dynaudio subwoofer in my Arteon with the Esotar 1200 from my R36.

Does anyone know what kind if frequency range is available on the subwoofer channel?

It appears that there are 4 wires on the plug that are likely to be speaker inputs for the 2x 2Ω voice coils in the ?6.5" driver ... so I was thinking that the easiest path would be to tap those 2 channels with a LOC and feed them into my Helix P One amp to drive the E1200.

There will be the obvious timing issues and LOC distortion etc, but I want to ensure the signal has a deep enough frequency range to make it worthwhile.

I ran a signal generator through my system via my phone using Bluetooth, with everything turned down to min and the sub turned up to max. It seems there is a strong drop-off around 30Hz. Not sure if this is an active amp filter or maybe a passive filter on the driver.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

... actually, I should probably stop being soo lazy and try the oscilloscope
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon